Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd annual ReFuel: Sun 6/26/11 @ Laguna Seca

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great vid - thanks for posting.

I admit I enjoyed the errant HONK at about 2:20. Makes me feel a bit better about the times I've done it - and not when traveling at the speeds you were.

Of course, when I want to honk, well, by the time I find the exact spot, I've already gotten out of the way...

Yeah, the honk was funny. One thing the instructor should have gone over is hand position. For the most part, your hands should not move relative to the steering wheel (and as such honks like that shouldn't happen).

Yeah but if you're holding the wheel correctly, your hands are right above the horn buttons with your thumbs hooked into the crook. It doesn't take much for your palms to wander onto the horn in that position.

Thanks for the compliments.

Im the 'instructor' and my father is the one driving. It is his second time around Laguna Seca so I wasn't so worried about hand placement, I was just there to make sure he knew how to get around the course. The video is actually made up of 4 different sessions on track, 2 of which I drove, and then combined to make an interesting lap and a half with multiple camera angles, he just happened to be in all the in-cockpit views. The camera setup is two GoPros placed around the car in different positions for each session, then edited together to give the illusion that we had a bunch of cameras on the car at once.