Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.24 upgrade Tesla Wall Charge maxes out at 32 amps now instead of 48

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged last night under 2018.24.1, and got the full 48 amps. My HPWC is capable of 80A, it is installed on a 100A breaker.

Charging.png

What sort of charging device are you using?
I have the exact same experience with my Gen1 UMC... it seems like the UMC had it's firmware updated and now maxes at 32amps on both my Model S and 3.. last month was giving 40 amps to both

What sort of charging device are you using?
I have the exact same experience with my Gen1 UMC... it seems like the UMC had it's firmware updated and now maxes at 32amps on both my Model S and 3.. last month was giving 40 amps to both
If that's true, I won't ever be connecting my Jesla to a Tesla vehicle. I was previously considering using it as the "travel EVSE" for both the RAV and the 3. I guess it will just stay in the underfloor compartment in the RAV from now on. I will have to cut the zip ties that keep the 3's Gen2 UMC cord tidy for daily charging if I ever need to take it with us to a vacation house or something.

So is the report here that Gen 1 UMC units (which should do 40 amps) are now only doing 32 amps? Gen 2 UMC units are only good to 32 amps naturally since that is what they are built for.

HPWC's should be able to go up to 80 amps depending on what they are fed from, how they are set, and the max charge rate of your vehicle.

If Gen 1 UMC's are all of a sudden only charging at 32 amps that would be big news.

Good day,

Sorry to ask, but what is the program you are using on this screenshot ? It's exactly what I'm looking for with my futur Model3. I need to know how much money each charge consume so I can pay back my brother :p

This screenshot is from the TeslaFi.com web site. TeslaFi.com will log everything about your vehicle, including drives, charges, supercharges, etc. and keep logs of all of it. Subscription is $50 per year.

Reactions: SpudLime