Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" OEM Turbine Wheels - What Tire Sizes Are You Using?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all Model S owners with 21" OEM Turbine wheels,

I would like to gather some information on what wheel setup they have on their cars (especially ones with Performance model and Smart Air Suspension).
  1. Staggered or Non-Staggered
  2. 21x8.5 or 21x9 or both
  3. Tire brand and measurements
  4. Car's year and model #
Thank you in advance.

I have a 2013 P85+ with staggered setup and in the process on debating whether to go all-square or stay with staggered setup. I've read some of the newly delivered performance models have all-square setup (I could be wrong).

Here's my .02 on Hankook (and sorry OP for going off topic):

In my previous P85 (square 21" setup), I moved to 245/35 Hankooks and honestly felt them to be better tires that the OEM Continentals. Those tires wore out in 11k miles, despite meticulous tire rotation every 3k miles.

In my current P90DL (staggered 21" setup), I have the "standard" 245/35, 265/30 Michelin Super Sport setup, and find these to be a superior tire to both the Hankook and the Contis. In fact, I have a friend with a P85+ (staggered) that got 25k miles out of his front Michelin Super Sports while needing to change his rears every 10k miles. To me, that's amazing tire longevity for a setup that cannot be rotated.

I will be staying with Michelin despite the cost when it comes time for new tires.

There are many threads on the subject where I covered this in more detail.

I have a P85+, but I de-staggered the rear rims to 8.5" rims, and put 245 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2s on each corner. Love this setup. I got 3 seasons on the Hankooks and they still have some tread left, but I'll probably replace them this summer with the same tire.

I have 21 staggered conti silents. Love them. Quiet and grip exceptionally well. Loaners have benn PSS and to me anyway, noticeably louder.. No doubt a very personal preference, but a wise man on TMC once told me, don't worry about the brand. When you find a tire you like, stick with it. Thank you @HankLloydRight ;)