Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S and 245/45R19 square?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I would normally be doing my own research but I'm on the road with a tiny phone and spotty connectivity.

The 2023 used staggered 255/45R19 and 285/40R19 I believe. I need winter tires and I see a lot of listings for 4x 245/45R19

Is this a suitable setup?

Facts only please, but guesses:)

Thank you.

Those tires are likely for pre-Refresh (2021 and later) cars which have wheels proper width for them. Your wheels are staggered fitment so you'd need new wheels for squared winter tires. You'd also need a different offset to run squared 19's on a Refresh Model S.

These are the winter wheels & tires I just installed on my refresh Model S. They are a square setup but fit perfectly and drive amazingly well. Very very happy with them; in fact I may swap summer tires onto these rather than put the factory 19” wheels back on. I like them that much!

With the limited info and time, I ended up buying a second set of factory wheels before driving home through the mountains in the snow on my factory tires.

It didn't actually address my problem at all lol. I still don't have winter tires, just 2x all seasons on factory rims. But it seemed like a good deal. C$1400 with no taxes (that's a little over US$1000) including the rims, tires with less than 150km (roughly 100 miles) on them, BLE TPMS, aero covers and fabric tires totes.

This way I have rims and I can order winters from Costco or whatever and get them mounted and I have a spare set of all seasons when these wear out.

I survived the drive home. The car does remarkable well on the mountain passes for just all seasons. There was one semi, one pickup, two SUVs and two small cars in the ditches... so conditions weren't great.