Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MS Refresh - “howling” echo sound at cruising speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just as the title says, at cruising speeds of 80-90 kph, I can hear a howling sound/echo in the cabin that appears to come from the wheel well area or the undercarriage (this is with no music and windows up). It has a distinct “electric sound” (wife described it as a spinning dynamo) with a higher pitch that is sharp to the ears. I can’t always replicate it but certainly there and it’s not super loud but enough that when it happens everyone in the car can hear it.

Any idea what this could be? I have a service request open but I fear they won’t be able to reproduce it. Trying to get a video with sound ahead of the appointment.

FYI I have winter wheels on 19x9.5 and 245/45/19. I have yet to test with the stock tires in case they’re the culprit which I’ll do in a month’s time when the weather gets warmer.

I’ve been having the same problem, and it’s super annoying that ANR keeps turning itself back on, too.

I was wondering if it was related to having aftermarket winter tires and rims, but can’t really say for sure. I don’t think I’ve checked to see if my 2022.4.X beta build still does it, but it was very frequently a problem on the prior beta build (2021.44.X) with these wheels.