Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S LR high pitched whine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking in to see if anyone’s found a solution to this yet? I’m thinking it has to be a drive unit issue, but it’d be nice to know exactly what to tell the technicians the next time I try to get them to take care of it.

Yes. I sold the car and bought a well engineer and well built car instead.

If you don't want to do that, your only other practical option is to pay Tesla around $7K to replace your drive unit since they will gaslight you to eternity instead of admitting that they sold you a defective car. Hopefully the replacement isn't defective either.

I saw a YouTube video with a couple of Cybertrucks that also have this issue. Obviously Tesla does not care that they have this issue with some of their drive units if they are extending the issue to their latest model. We know for certainty they don't care about the Model S or their owners.

Yes. I sold the car and bought a well engineer and well built car instead.

If you don't want to do that, your only other practical option is to pay Tesla around $7K to replace your drive unit since they will gaslight you to eternity instead of admitting that they sold you a defective car. Hopefully the replacement isn't defective either.

I saw a YouTube video with a couple of Cybertrucks that also have this issue. Obviously Tesla does not care that they have this issue with some of their drive units if they are extending the issue to their latest model. We know for certainty they don't care about the Model S or their owners.
That’s a bummer. Guess I’ll have to raise the volume on the stereo instead since I love the car too much to let go. Hoping the noise either goes away or gets loud enough that they can’t ignore it 😂