Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021/2022 Model S front seats recline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MSL, and my front seat don't recline forward enough. I tried the 2017 MS, and M3, and their seats recline forward to like 70°. My 2022 MSL reclines only to like 100°-110°. It can't even recline to 90°. I have back pain, and need to have my seat more forward. The only way to make it somewhat more upright, I need to raise the seat up, but then I'm sitting too high, and still not enough. Can someone please tell me if your 2021/2022 MS is the same?

I just went out and tested my 2022 S and the recline does not go to 90°. Looks to be about the same as yours. Never heard of anyone needing more than 100° or so, but I understand about bad backs and the need for specific positions. A friend with a bad back leans her seat way back, maybe 130°-140° or so, but every back issue seems to be different.

There is a seat calibration option in service mode that might get you more, but I've not tried it. Here's more on Service mode: Service Mode – TeslaTap

Reactions: DerbyDave
I have a MSL, and my front seat don't recline forward enough. I tried the 2017 MS, and M3, and their seats recline forward to like 70°. My 2022 MSL reclines only to like 100°-110°. It can't even recline to 90°. I have back pain, and need to have my seat more forward. The only way to make it somewhat more upright, I need to raise the seat up, but then I'm sitting too high, and still not enough. Can someone please tell me if your 2021/2022 MS is the same?
Same here...

Same here...
It sounds like the same issue as mine. My driver seat doesn't lean forward far enough. Tesla service center quoted me $4K to replace the driver seat. Were you able to resolve your issue?

I just went out and tested my 2022 S and the recline does not go to 90°. Looks to be about the same as yours. Never heard of anyone needing more than 100° or so, but I understand about bad backs and the need for specific positions. A friend with a bad back leans her seat way back, maybe 130°-140° or so, but every back issue seems to be different.

There is a seat calibration option in service mode that might get you more, but I've not tried it. Here's more on Service mode: Service Mode – TeslaTap
Thank you for posting the information on Service mode! I was able to run the seat calibration mode and that fixed mine issue! You saved me $4K to replace the seat, which what Fremont Tesla Service Center quoted me.