Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.12.25.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every update they break more things and don't fix any bugs. This past year has been a disappointment.

My Slacker music still randomly skips.

I am no longer able to minimize the music view by tapping on the album art.

Feels like browser got slower too.

This is basic functionality which is broken. I wonder if Tesla does any internal testing or they just test in production with no way for customers to actually give feedback.

Looks like none of us on 18.10 and 18.11 have received it, according to Teslafi. I imagine we're slated for whatever comes next. Maybe 2021.16.
Yeah I’m on 18.11 and kind of shocked I’ve haven’t. I usually get updates on latest versions around 3-4% and currently I think it’s around 15%.

There is one person on 18.11 that got the update but that’s about it.

Mostly it’s .2 and .3 people moving to enw branch.

A royally most of the 2021.12.25.6 installs are for the Model 3 and of those a quarter are the original AP2.5 cars.

Whats largely happening is the 12.5 are going to people who can from the 4.18.2 and .3. Where anyone that got the 4.18.11 are currently still stuck.

There’s no clear indicator why some are going one way and some the other. Doesn’t have anything to do with model, year, no radar, etc.

Hopefully the 18.11 people move up soon but there doesn’t seem to be any major differences either.

Still not 100% positive on this, but it feels like regenerative brake has gotten softer after the update. I have received couple of regenerative brake is not active notice when I start driving and they disappeared after a while but i feel like braking is much softer now. Anyone else with similar experience?
Regen has gotten less with every release since 2012. Pretty soon we are going to have negative regen. ;)

I'm curious - my MY (radar-equipped) is currently on 2021.4.18.2. Have they really skipped ahead to v12 for 2021? Or is this update intended for MS/X vehicles?
If you're referring to the 12 in the version number going out, that signifies the week of the year that branch was initiated. 2021.12 is the twelfth week of 2021 but the version is still 10. All vehicles are still on version 10. Version 11 is still incoming. You're not missing anything.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
After updating, when I go to unlock my car (21’ M3LR, new Projector Headlights) the drl lights do not turn on right away. They will turn on couple seconds later and make a realignment sound. Also sometimes only one will turn on then the other will turn on later. Or also, they turn on the couple seconds later turn off, then turn back on. This never happened before I updated. Also fog light drl turn on normally. Is anyone else having this issue?

This is becoming a growing concern for me. It now makes more sense why typical automakers historically don't offer updates, even when available, for their cars unless something is broken, the user complains, and it will be fixed with an update.

Tesla is getting to the point where there are too many models, with too many options, and too many configuration's to try and maintain a "global" release thats bug free and stable for all cars ever produced in roughly the last decade.

Don't get me wrong I love the constant updates, even though I prefer to replace my cars when warranty expires, but this constant improvement seems to be more then they have resources or are willing to commit to.

21 M3LR here, still on 18.2. Most of the M3s on Teslafi are on 25.6, but given the bug reports here, i guess it's a good thing i'm not getting the update.

Laura

I thought the same thing at first just glancing at the TeslaFi chart, but it's actually only ~15% of the fleet that are on any 2021.12.x release. There have just been so many small, incremental versions recently that the bulk of the fleet is like 10-15 versions old and doesn't show on the chart.