Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B.S. AP is not frozen, if you have proof state it.

AP is constantly improving : lane assist, visualisations, situational awareness are all in active development
Yes, FSD is active, but so is AP.

AP is "frozen" in the sense of it's not getting any more new features. Presumably improvements to existing ones will continue (though it remains questionable how long that'll remain true for cars that stay on AP2.x computers)

Ditto EAP.

Where does "Advanced or Enhanced" AP fall in? On my MODS I have advanced AP and it changes lanes. I don't have FSD.

Neither fall in.

The new stoplight/stopsign feature is exclusive to cars with HW3 and FSD.

EAP isn't getting any more new features either- it's complete.

• Disagree
Reactions: RubinRA
B.S. AP is not frozen, if you have proof state it.

AP is constantly improving : lane assist, visualisations, situational awareness are all in active development
Yes, FSD is active, but so is AP.
Did you miss the part about other than SAFTY? Also visualizations aren't driving aids. It is just info on the display. My point is AP won't be getting any new driving features like stopping at red lights.

Last edited:
Did you miss the part about other than SAFTY? Also visualizations aren't driving aids. It is just info on the display. My point is AP won't be getting any new driving features like stopping at red lights.

Nope, didn't miss that part of the quote, the OP categorically said AP is frozen except for safety.
I commented that I'd like to see proof.
No proof provided so far in 3 replies.

New AP features like enhanced visualization of stop signs and other elements of the surroundings are now available across AP cars.
AP is in no way frozen, the underlying system that is driving improvements in FSD has been benefiting AP and will continue to do so.

Provide verifiable proof for the statement AP is frozen.

Also, AP isn't frozen. With 12.5 I got additional visualizations like traffic cones with a 2.5 computer. Although, it did see trees on the side of the road as cones to which I thought was kind of funny.
Visualizations are cosmetic eye candy and don't add any functionality to the basic AP feature set. In FSD Auto Steer will use the cones to steer through a construction site so they do have a function. Also things like trash cans will be implemented into FSD's Auto Steer but not AP.

Visualizations are cosmetic eye candy and don't add any functionality to the basic AP feature set.
The ONLY thing they serve is so Tesla can say "hey: we're seeing more stuff." It serves ZERO practical functionality to the driver (if anything: a distraction).

In FSD Auto Steer will use the cones to steer through a construction site so they do have a function.
This works in AP Autosteer: I have experienced it a couple of times on the freeway. It may be FSD exclusive on city streets, but I haven't had occasion to test that.