Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 SR+ w/EAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to trade up to a LR AWD so I need to part with my baby. Has 12,XXX miles and is in like new condition. It was plasti-dipped about two months after purchase so the paint underneath is flawless. No scratches, dings or dents what so ever. The console was vinyl wrapped immediately as well so once everything is removed it will be like a brand new car. Plasti-dip is avalanche grey (gets a lot of looks) and paint underneath is black. Windows are ceramic tinted 5% in the rear and 25% in the front. Requested a trade-in offer from Tesla but am still awaiting a response.

This build new is $38,990 (+ taxes and licensing fees)
KBB private party value is $41K+
Autoblog provate party value is $35K

Asking $37,000 with all original equipment. Car has lien so transaction would have to happen at my credit union. Cheers.
20200603_165103.jpg
20200603_165111.jpg
20200603_165050.jpg
20200603_165044.jpg

Attachments

• 20200603_165313.jpg
    20200603_165313.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 65
This build can't have EAP. SR+ was released after EAP was discontinued. Does this include FSD? Has summon and navigate on autopilot?

There is no FSD. The autopilot is pretty basic as it does not navigate and there is no summon. It was my understanding that there was only FSD and EAP. I apologize, I'm a Tesla noob... I will happily edit my post with more accurate description.

This build can't have EAP. SR+ was released after EAP was discontinued. Does this include FSD? Has summon and navigate on autopilot?

I would be very careful valuing this vehicle as having more than Standard AP. EAP was discontinued the same month that the SR+ was released and the SR+ was never sold with EAP. I know because I bought my SR+ in March 2019, and several people who bought in the same month as me were accidentally given EAP.

Tesla often does audits of software licenses when user accounts are transferred, and it's very likely this vehicle would be downgraded to Standard AP when transferred.

EDIT: Just read your response to @BMWM3toTM3 and it does sound like you have standard AP. You can disregard my message!

Last edited:
I would be very careful valuing this vehicle as having more than Standard AP. EAP was discontinued the same month that the SR+ was released and the SR+ was never sold with EAP. I know because I bought my SR+ in March 2019, and several people who bought in the same month as me were accidentally given EAP.

Tesla often does audits of software licenses when user accounts are transferred, and it's very likely this vehicle would be downgraded to Standard AP when transferred.

EDIT: Just read your response to @BMWM3toTM3 and it does sound like you have standard AP. You can disregard my message!

Sorry, I can't figure out how to edit my post. Thanks for the response though...

KBB number isn't realistic. Tesla currently has a pearl white 2019 M3 SR+, 10k miles, with FSD for $41k.
2019 Model 3 | Tesla

I agree that KBB is not realistic but it appears as though the SR+ is consistently listed in the high 30's. I quick look at AutoTempest shows the lowest listed 2019 M3 SR+ at $39,800. I'm just wondering what is reasonable ad if it is worth it to go through the trouble of selling...

I agree that KBB is not realistic but it appears as though the SR+ is consistently listed in the high 30's. I quick look at AutoTempest shows the lowest listed 2019 M3 SR+ at $39,800. I'm just wondering what is reasonable ad if it is worth it to go through the trouble of selling...
Tesla currently has two 2019 M3 SR+ cars without FSD, one with 8k miles for $35,900 and one with 1,800 miles for $37,700. Speaking of Tesla, did you get a trade offer from them?

Im not sure how realistic KBB can be when you alredy said that a brand new car just like yours is 2k+ cheaper. Sometimes to sell a car you want to put yourself on the buyers shoes, if im looking to purchase a used car it would be because I expect to pay a good amount less than new. Why on earth would I pay the same or anywhere near the same amount for a used car with 12k miles than a brand new one?

Tesla currently has two 2019 M3 SR+ cars without FSD, one with 8k miles for $35,900 and one with 1,800 miles for $37,700. Speaking of Tesla, did you get a trade offer from them?

I have submitted the request for a trade in value to Tesla twice. They claimed they would have an offer to me within 24 hours but I still have not received anything. Don't know whats holding them up...

Im not sure how realistic KBB can be when you alredy said that a brand new car just like yours is 2k+ cheaper. Sometimes to sell a car you want to put yourself on the buyers shoes, if im looking to purchase a used car it would be because I expect to pay a good amount less than new. Why on earth would I pay the same or anywhere near the same amount for a used car with 12k miles than a brand new one?

I see where you're coming from and I agree for the most part. However, the market dictates the cost of used Teslas and all the prices I've seen are close to what I am asking. The build price of a new M3 does not include the tax, license, and title fees which cost me about $4500. When you buy a car used all you have to pay is tax on the price from the bill of sale (whatever you choose to say the price is) which would be about $3000 for a 37K sale price in my county. So the price difference is around $3500 between a new and one year old M3.

Whether or not that is a good deal, is for a potential buyer to decide. If Carvana is willing to pay $34,000, they are confident that they will turn a decent profit when they resell it which means there is a market for a $37,000, 12,000 mile used M3.

I see where you're coming from and I agree for the most part. However, the market dictates the cost of used Teslas and all the prices I've seen are close to what I am asking. The build price of a new M3 does not include the tax, license, and title fees which cost me about $4500. When you buy a car used all you have to pay is tax on the price from the bill of sale (whatever you choose to say the price is) which would be about $3000 for a 37K sale price in my county. So the price difference is around $3500 between a new and one year old M3.

Whether or not that is a good deal, is for a potential buyer to decide. If Carvana is willing to pay $34,000, they are confident that they will turn a decent profit when they resell it which means there is a market for a $37,000, 12,000 mile used
I intentionally left out taxes and fees be

Whether or not that is a good deal, is for a potential buyer to decide. If Carvana is willing to pay $34,000, they are confident that they will turn a decent profit when they resell it which means there is a market for a $37,000, 12,000 mile used M3.
I intentionally left out taxes and fees because its understood that almost all states pay sales taxes on used cars, it would probably be on a loan as not everyone has 40k laying around. Yes the fees on a new car are 1200, but also there is still state EV insentinves on new cars, on some as much as 5k. But I do have to say i agree with you, that you are free to list for whatever amount you want and someone is free to pay it if they choose to, if you are not rushing on a sale I think you should hold and maybe a buyer would come thru.

Update:

I contacted Tesla and voiced my concerns about their lack of response to my three trade-in value requests to which they promptly told me they would send the offer over; never happened. I got an offer from Vroom for exactly $34,000. My Carvana offer expired so I submitted another request and the offer came back at $36,996. The exact same thing happened when I sold them my 2015 Fiat 500e. For some reason the algorithm they use to come up with the value changes pretty drastically from day to day.

The plastidip looks nice! Done yourself or professionally? How's it holding up/the maintenance?

I absolutely love the plastidip. I think I'll prob need to peel it off before the sale which bums me out a little... I did it myself and it was pretty easy you just have to put the time in to prep and do it right. The quality of the paint is amazing and it holds up way better than vinyl wrap. I am about to order some more for the new M3 and my wife's Tacoma.