Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
1.jpg

For sale Sold 2016 (UNICORN) Tesla Model S 75D AWD with WARRANTY

Sold
$27,750.00
Available for
  1. Local pickup
  2. Shipping
Year
Vehicle condition
Very Good
Odometer
50,000 - 100,000 mi (80,000 - 160,000 km)
Drivetrain
Dual motor
Color
Blue
VIN number
5YJSA1E29GF170519
Status
This item has been sold and is no longer available!
Status
1 member is watching this marketplace listing

Details

Up for sale is a December 2016 build Tesla Model S 75D in very good condition. Some call this a "UNICORN", as it was equipped with the then-newest HW2 computer, 8 cameras, 12 ultrasonic sensors and front facing radar for the “soon to be available” Full Self Drive (FSD) software package and was built at the very end of 2016 (which would make it the same as a 2017 in terms of features). It of course also included the first refresh of the Model S since it came out in 2013, with a much nicer looking front end that got rid of the bullet nose on the original Model S and improved headlights.

This vehicle has the 75kW battery pack and dual motor setup for AWD. It was ‘uncorked’, which gives it a 0-60 MPH ~4.2 second run.

Since I bought the car with FSD, in 2019 they upgraded the cameras and the computer to HW3. At the same time, I paid to have the MCU upgraded so this vehicle has features like sentry mode (constant camera recording of 5 cameras for security), video games, streaming movies, etc.

I also paid to have it upgraded for CCS1 charging, so with an adapter you can go to non-Tesla DCFC chargers to fast charge the battery if a Tesla supercharger is not available (e.g. Electrify America, EVGo, …)

Specs:
-66800 miles
-75kW battery pack (guess-o-meter shows 228 miles on full charge)
-19” Slipstream rims and Goodyear OEM T1 Eagle Touring /SCT tires
-Deep Blue Metallic Paint
-Black Alcantara Headliner and dash
-Battery and Drive Unit Warranty good until 12/17/24
-Free unlimited connectivity (currently $100/yr)
-AP adaptive cruise control and lane keep; subscription FSD compatible (it was bought with FSD but that was transferred to my new Tesla, as was free supercharging)

Options include:
-Full width panoramic opening sunroof
-Next Gen Tan Leather seats and wheel
-Premium Upgrades Package
-Heated front seats
-MCU2 and HW 3.0 computer / video system (June 2020)
-EcoHitch Stealth Trailer Hitch w/ receiver and ball (2020)
-Power open/close Frunk system (2021)
-CCS retrofit for non-Tesla Supercharging (2023)
-New front windshield (2/2024)
-3 fobs and the L2 to Tesla adapter included
-Multiple sets of winter and summer floor mats including the OEM carpet ones
-Rear hatch floor mat
-Wireless drop-in phone charger (sized for a Pixel 7 with case)

But one of the best options that you won’t find on most (any?) other 2016/2017 cars is an extended warranty that is good until 1/29/26 or 94,756 miles. This warranty is through X-Care and does carry a $100 deductible per visit but is far better than the one Tesla used to offer (and had a $200 deductible). So, you will have peace of mind should any mechanical issue crop up (it does exclude wearable items like brake pads, wiper blade and so forth as well as cosmetic issues like paint, chrome, etc). My price includes me paying the transfer fee to the new buyer. I have used it twice since purchase and have had zero issues getting the repair costs reimbursed. Service can be done at any Tesla Service Center - I have used the one in Waterford each time.

I have all the records for the vehicle since I bought it in 2017 with 11K miles. Non-smoker, no pets, always garage-kept. Zero accidents, not even a door ding repair. Minor scratches on rims but no major curb rash. There are obvious front fascia micro-chips from road salt, etc that I have seasonally touched up as well as some on the hood (I will include touchup paint for the wheels and body).

Sunroof works perfectly, having been maintained twice a year with Krytox GPL oil and KLUBERSYNTH grease (Krytox also used on all door seals too). No chips or cracks in any glass. Charges to 100% with 228 miles estimated (done 3/27/24).

Tires have 12K miles on them and have another 8-10K left depending on how you drive (This is the 3rd set of OEM Goodyears and the last 2 gave 25K).

Of interest all 4 door handles have been replaced with Version 3, the front headlights are version F which corrected the early failure of the ‘eye brow’ DRLs. It has a new charging port and rear hatch power struts that were replaced in late 2023.

If you purchase the vehicle I will keep it on my account and pay for your supercharging to get it home. I will also work with you on shipping but you will need to make the arrangements. Nearest airport is MBS, however I do have a son who lives a little north of Detroit and might be willing to do the transaction there if you fly into DTW.

Questions or want other pictures? Please tell me and will get them for you. I am limited to only 6 in the forum but have many more.

Thanks.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
basically SC01 with AP2 (upgradable) was only available Oct 2016 - Jan 2017
since the window was so small, they got the name Unicorns...
now that many ppl transferred SC01 over to new cars they're even more Unicornish...

basically SC01 with AP2 (upgradable) was only available Oct 2016 - Jan 2017
since the window was so small, they got the name Unicorns...
now that many ppl transferred SC01 over to new cars they're even more Unicornish...
It was actually later than Jan 2017 - had to do with when you placed your order. Some folks who ordered in late 2016 had their orders delayed and even though they didn't get their car until as late as March or April, they were still 'SC01'ed'. But they weren't many for sure. I spent the better part of a year looking for one, almost getting a 2017, but it was bought just a few days before I was going to pull the plug and get it. Ended up with the 12/2016 MS above. It has been a great car - hope the new MYLR is just as pleasing.
Cheers.