Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my copy of tonight's uncorking resolution email...

Back in July, we started by providing this update to a smaller population of 75D Model S and Model X to ensure quality and validation in the release. We've listened to your feedback and know that you’d like us to extend the population of eligible 75Ds, an objective we shared internally as well. Having spent the last few months validating if this is possible, we’re ready to include more customer 75Ds. There may be some cases in which we simply can’t make the update due to hardware differences, but we’ll do our best to do this for as many cars as we can.

Your local Service Center can confirm if your VIN is eligible. For eligible cars, our plan is to offer this as a complimentary update during your next Service visit so there’s no need to schedule a dedicated appointment – we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit. Please note that the performance enhancement may add up to two hours to complete and requires a hardwired connection to the car. You also have the option to opt out of this update altogether if you feel more comfortable with the current performance of your 75D.

Thanks for your patience and support while we worked through this. There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers.​
Did you get your email from SC? I can't wait to get mine uncorked next week.

I think the 75D owners deserve something like this. I like that the software update makes a much more expensive car faster than the Model 3...even the X was purchased a year ago! Very nice move, Tesla.

For those of us with the 100D, didn’t the speed upgrade in July also knock a half second off our 0-60 time? I wonder if 100Ds will be eligible for the software only speed upgrade too?

Anyone know what the hardware changes on 75Ds would be? It's implied that not all 75D's will be eligible, we have a June 2016 MX build so it's one of the earlier ones. Do you guys think the disqualified ones would be like older 75D model S's from like 2015/16?

No one knows for sure what's the hardware difference between the cars that will / won't be elligible to uncorking, one of the speculation is that this is due to a component in the battery itself, but possibly more than one part. As VIN are not issued sequentially there won't be such a thing as a clear VIN cutoff, although we will be able to find out over time a grossly defined period after which all cars will probably be uncorkable. Let's contact our DCs so we can start to map this.

Also want find out has anyone else received the email from corporate? Seems to me it would be sent to all 75d owners and not just one. Not criticizing just anxiously waiting for my email to come.
I doubt Tesla corporate sends an email to eligible owners. In fact I suspect that it will take escalations a while just to get through their stack. The note I received was not through the formal channels, although the language reads like it has been scrubbed by more than one marketing communications person, especially compared to the rest of my communication.

I doubt Tesla corporate sends an email to eligible owners. In fact I suspect that it will take escalations a while just to get through their stack. The note I received was not through the formal channels, although the language reads like it has been scrubbed by more than one marketing communications person, especially compared to the rest of my communication.

I agree. I think this will be for the 75D owners who are interested, have been following this issue since it was discovered around the 1st of July, etc.. Many 75D owners don't even know about this upgrade and are probably not even interested.