Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
What features would you like Tesla to add in future versions of the firmware?

One minor feature I'd like to see is for the Model S to recognize via GPS when I'm close to home or any other location where I have a HomeLink signal saved and bring up the window on the 17" screen to open the garage door.

-Auto rising and lowering of steering wheel -- on the way
-lines on camera screen and turning ones with steering wheel -- on the way
-flash support at least in park mode -- let's hope not, even Adobe has basically dumped flash. HMTL5 please.

Reactions: markn455
-Auto rising and lowering of steering wheel
-lines on camera screen and turning ones with steering wheel
-flash support at least in park mode
-smoother browser (so slow hard to pan right now)
-pandora
-support for more audio codecs
-support for video files
-wifi tethering to and from a 4g phone

Ditto everything contaygious said except flash support, and add:

-photo support for downloaded contacts
-ability to hotlink addresses from your address book to the navi system with additional voice support as well. You should be able to say "Navigate to work" and the car should link your work address to the Navi
-Ability to hotlink addresses from the browser to the navi system. Look up an address on browser and tap to navigate to that address
-Ability to hotlink phone numbers from the browser to the phone dialer. Should be able to 'tap & hold" to dial the number or 'tap' with a quick confirmation screen
-Phone program should notify you when the car is fully charged or near empty
-Navi should tell you if you don't have enough charge to reach the destination you just input
-More EQ band control and control over the 7.1 settings with presets like Concert, Movie, Jazz Club...

Reactions: pilotSteve
interior temperature controls -- (should be easy if the phone app is going to have something like these)
- pre-heat / pre-cool timer settings to cool/heat at a specific time (leaving for work, coming home)
- temp controls while car is off / no fob in car -- (maintain for next X minutes/hours)

Reactions: fholbert
Let's make sure Apple doesn't have patents on these, or else they may try to get an injunction to stop the sale of the car! :wink:

Ditto everything contaygious said except flash support, and add:

-Ability to hotlink addresses from the browser to the navi system. Look up an address on browser and tap to navigate to that address
-Ability to hotlink phone numbers from the browser to the phone dialer. Should be able to 'tap & hold" to dial the number...

interior temperature controls -- (should be easy if the phone app is going to have something like these)
- pre-heat / pre-cool timer settings to cool/heat at a specific time (leaving for work, coming home)
- temp controls while car is off / no fob in car -- (maintain for next X minutes/hours)

To this I would add the ability to activate window defrosters (along with cabin temperature) via the in-car interface and phone app.

Would be incredibly useful in the winter to speed up window scraping.

Reactions: Superendo
As Tesla gets more information from Roadster and Model S logs, I'd really like to see an interactive battery management/ reminders section on the 17" display. I know that Tesla wants a lot of this to be invisible to owners (If in doubt, plug-in and forget) but it would be good for any battery optimisation freaks out there to have the option to call up explanations on what the car is doing and tips for better battery care.