Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Color Selection Videos - Please Add....

delivery 2/7
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    No, only the large numbers on the plate are the same. The small numbers to the right side are different on every plate. The blue car has had "25A" at every event where it has been photographed, and the car in the video is wearing 25A.
    Thanks for the info; I didn't know that.

@Schlermie, what video format did you shoot in? I'm seeing a strange "jello" effect and some jerkiness throughout the video.

Quote Originally Posted by mulder1231 View Post
    @Schlermie, what video format did you shoot in? I'm seeing a strange "jello" effect and some jerkiness throughout the video.
    I presumed that was intentional as an artistic thing. Not a fan if it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting that the flickering headlight effect previously discussed is prominent throughout the video.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

P1937 Reward Excellence!
    I added it to the list and it is nice work, but IMO would be much more useful for the purposes of this thread without the distortions. (some near the end have almost no non-distorted video time)

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    I presumed that was intentional as an artistic thing.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I played it without the audio so didn't realize the video was edited.

R#129, TSLA shareholder
    Quote Originally Posted by kcveins View Post
    Thanks for the info; I didn't know that.
    Yeah, it's totally not obvious, but at least it seems that the plates have been staying with the cars, so it's fairly easy to track the cars without having to check the VIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mulder1231 View Post
    It looks to me as if the video was processed by software that removes camera shake, and it went a bit overboard. I know YouTube offers this feature on upload, and some video editing programs do as well. As distracting as camera shake can be, in this case, I think it would probably be better to have the shake but not the geometric distortions.

Thanks for the effort to put it together, Schlermie!! I would also love to see the pearl white if you got any. Not because I'm looking at the pearl, but because I would like to see the white with the panoramic roof and the 21" wheels!
    R129 - 85kWh White/Tan

P4932 - Delivery: 12/22 Schlermie's Avatar
    Mike, Brian, Mulder,
    The original video was shot with a cell phone and a shaky hand. YouTube offered to unshake the video, and regrettably, I took them up on their offer, which made it worse than it was originally. I don't see any option to remove their enhancement to the video.

R#129, TSLA shareholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlermie View Post
    Mike, Brian, Mulder,
    The original video was shot with a cell phone and a shaky hand. YouTube offered to unshake the video, and regrettably, I took them up on their offer, which made it worse than it was originally. I don't see any option to remove their enhancement to the video.
    I believe you can do the following:

Go to YouTube. Click your name in the upper right. Click "Video Manager". Find the video in question, and there should be a button next to it called "Edit", with a down-pointing arrow. If you click that arrow, one of the options is "Enhancements". I believe in the resulting window you can turn the "stabilize" feature off (or "Revert to Original").
    R129 - 85kWh White/Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Schlermie View Post
    Mike, Brian, Mulder,
    Yeah, note to self... YouTube anti-shake feature... SUCKS!

Model S - Sig. 283 EU Right_Said_Fred's Avatar
    Here's one more, a short Signature Red-video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0y-_brcsao

Thread Information