Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Updated" (auto-merging of posts)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried editing an automerged post of mine yesterday, but I could only delete the whole thing or cancel. I tried twice (opened a new window, reopened the thread, clicked "edit post"). I haven't had time today, just wondering if others have had this issuu or if my internet/phone was just acting up. Galaxy Note, ICS.

Somewhere around 8-8:10pm P_T on 2012/09/10, this functionality went sideways. Lots of double-posts auto-merged with identical content in both halves.

It could people just double-committing replies (or browser bugs) but I saw it in 4 posts in that period by different authors.

Sidenote: During that period, the "New Posts" page showed all 4 posts but I couldn't navigate to any of the posts for 5-10 minutes. I tried on two different computers, both using IE.

Somewhere around 8-8:10pm P_T on 2012/09/10, this functionality went sideways. Lots of double-posts auto-merged with identical content in both halves.

It could people just double-committing replies (or browser bugs) but I saw it in 4 posts in that period by different authors.

Sidenote: During that period, the "New Posts" page showed all 4 posts but I couldn't navigate to any of the posts for 5-10 minutes. I tried on two different computers, both using IE.
2012/09/18 noonish Pacific

It appears that the doubling is happening. This is the first example I've seen of tripling:
Warranty/Servicing - official Tesla responses (incl GeorgeB) - Page 20

This feature is frustrating as hell (for me, anyway).

I was trying to reply to someone's question (in the OVMS thread), and then announce something new as a new post (which got merged with the completely unrelated reply). I can understand the purpose of the feature, but in such cases it looks incredibly messy, and confusing for the reader.

Is there any way of disabling it for a particular post?