Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jalopnik reports Elon answering questions @ noon 8/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oops, missed that this had been posted already.
He's answering questions now, but so far hasn't answered my "what's the cause of S delays and when they'll start." Maybe if more people ask??

- - - Updated - - -

quit answering after 30 minutes and didn't answer my question...damn.

Must have been noon Eastern. Missed getting my question in, darn.

"I think the Model "E" concept is perhaps even more important for the public (and Tesla) than the Model X. Is there any chance to fast track this automobile? The market will be clamoring for this affordability after the S begins to make waves in mass. This would be our second EV after the S. Our commuter. Your thoughts?"

It's Jalopnik, which set my expectations pretty much as low as they can go.

I really try not to visit the Jalopnik site, but since Elon was there I figure its ok. Matt Hardigree actually had a funny comment which also poked fun at his own douchiness. Elon was talking about how Tesla would absolutely make the first rover for people to drive around in on Mars, and Matt chimed in with this -

Yes, but what kind of range will it get on Mars? The technical achievement of transporting a car and driver to Mars isn't as important to us as knowing the distance it will go.