Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with picking interior trim type, real photos?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am P6316 and figure at the current rate I will be asked to configure fairly soon. The only thing I am not to sure about is the interior trim I want. Here is what I plan on getting:

60kWh
Silver with body colored roof
19 wheels
Grey Leather
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Air Suspension
Parcel Shelf

I am leaning towards Lacewood or Piano Black. Here is what the design studio shows me:

Piano Black:
Grey with Piano Black.png

Lacewood:
Grey with Lacewood.png

Glossy Obeche:
Grey with Glossy Obeche.png

Matte Obeche:
Grey with Matte Obeche.png

Thoughts? Also does anyone have some real life pictures of the various trims?

Thanks,

One of the store advocates showed me that the matte obeche brings out the grey colors of the wood more, while gloss brings out the browns.

Interesting. I do have small kids and so was leaning against the Matte option as a result. I pretty much like them all on the dash but having it cover the opportunity console has me wanting to really thinking it though; as shown here:

Console3_Shelf-cupholders.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I do have small kids and so was leaning against the Matte option as a result. I pretty much like them all on the dash but having it cover the opportunity console has me wanting to really thinking it though; as shown here:

View attachment 9254

It'd be better if they could go horizontal with the grain... It does look a bit odd but we are still going with gray leather and matte obeche.

The Motor Trend review that just came out a few days ago has a few pics of the glossy obeche--there were limited pictures of that finish elsewhere, as I recall.

I ended up getting Piano black with black interior, as my wife said no to any wood-like finish...although I could've gone with matte obeche.

Of course my favorite was the carbon fiber...but a bit too much of a stretch for me.

The Motor Trend review that just came out a few days ago has a few pics of the glossy obeche--there were limited pictures of that finish elsewhere, as I recall.

I ended up getting Piano black with black interior, as my wife said no to any wood-like finish...although I could've gone with matte obeche.

Of course my favorite was the carbon fiber...but a bit too much of a stretch for me.

I too am getting the piano black and feel the same way about wood looking dated in a car.

I think the Obeche looks dated and unattractive. Like faux wood paneling that was prominent in the 70's. I like the simplicity of the piano black but wish they offered a matte version of it. I'll withhold judgement on the Lacewood until I see it in person.

I agree 100%. The matte CF was one important nugde towards the performance-version for me, together with the carbon grey wheels.

What do TMC members think of the following combination: Sig Red paint, White leather, Carbon Fiber trim? I haven't found any photos showcasing this particular setup.

Also, would the dark gray wheels match Sig Red paint? In fact, are there any colors that don't look good together with the dark wheels?

(I know this may be all subjective, but I appreciate your opinions)

What do TMC members think of the following combination: Sig Red paint, White leather, Carbon Fiber trim? I haven't found any photos showcasing this particular setup.

Also, would the dark gray wheels match Sig Red paint? In fact, are there any colors that don't look good together with the dark wheels?

I went back and forth on this. I initially chose not to get the performance wheels because I thought it clashed with all of the chrome on the Model S. I still haven't seen it in person but pictures are showing up with this combo and look pretty good. The white leather looks really nice but some people are concerned about it holding up over time/getting dirty easily. I think you've picked a nice setup with the CF trim.

One of the store advocates showed me that the matte obeche brings out the grey colors of the wood more, while gloss brings out the browns.

Agree - with tan leather (my config) the warmth and colors the gloss brings will work nicely I think. I do like the lacewood too. They clearly changed the pattern in the lacewood along the way - the newer I like more. That said, I do like all the trim choices.

I think the Sig Red + White is gorgeous, although I'm not a fan of the piping on the performance seats, except for the red piping. The CF is really nice and I would be happy to have it. If it were my car, I would get the silver 21" wheels, or the 19" wheels. I'm just not a big fan of the Carbon Grey wheels, although the Sig Red is one of the colors I think they look good on (the other is the Dolphin Grey).

I think the Sig Red + White is gorgeous, although I'm not a fan of the piping on the performance seats, except for the red piping. The CF is really nice and I would be happy to have it. If it were my car, I would get the silver 21" wheels, or the 19" wheels. I'm just not a big fan of the Carbon Grey wheels, although the Sig Red is one of the colors I think they look good on (the other is the Dolphin Grey).
Agree.

If I got a (strange?) e-mail from Tesla saying they are offering the White Leather with Red Piping and that I had the opportunity for a no-delay and no-price-change switch from Black Leather with Red Piping, I'd probably do it.

It is definitely my subjective opinion, but since you asked, silver does not look good together with the dark wheels when seen in person. Sig red looks good with everything.

I agree, silver+carbon grey wheels was not an attractive package, silver car should have the silver wheels. I am on the fence about white + dark wheels too, I think the dark wheels go better with the darker car colors. The best color combo for dark wheels is IMHO the blue, with the black car at second place and grey & green at third & fourth place.