Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another EV list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting list. None of them have broken into the mainstream of course, either being too expensive, NEVs, delivery vans, or not actually being in production yet. Seems the whitestar will be one of the earliest models to reach a similar price with it's gasoline equivalent. The Miles might do that too. The Tesla you can argue is also on par with gasoline equivalents, but it's more of an exotic than a practical car. Fisker I'm not so sure can be called an EV though.

The THINK City, I would have actually bought this car when it comes out in 2008 - if it wasn't so damn ugly. Did the designers visit Toys 'R Us for inspiration? The City starts off ok at the front but the door frame and back come from a completely different car. Amazingly on the THINK site it says about the design:

"With it's award-winning focus on clean lines and clever details, Think City is an example of the best of Norwegian design".

That, sadly, may be true but I'm sure there are Norwegians out there who aren't as influenced by the kinder-garten nostalgic designers which have infected also the automobile industry. Everything has to be bulgy and "cute". Too bad, the specs look rather nice....

As famously stated, most of these would be considered punishment cars.

Whether perceived or not, I'd be nervous driving some of these on the roads here. SUV drivers imagine they are driving a tank at 80 mph. One would want as much safety as possible, which goes back to WhiteStar and an early report it would seek a 5-star rating.

As famously stated, most of these would be considered punishment cars.

Whether perceived or not, I'd be nervous driving some of these on the roads here. SUV drivers imagine they are driving a tank at 80 mph. One would want as much safety as possible, which goes back to WhiteStar and an early report it would seek a 5-star rating.

I agree entirely. And yet, still nothing is available on the market that meets the touted Miles Javlon criteria, Volt criteria, or anything similar. Annoying.