Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida EV Incentives

Model S Perf Sig 1055 Larry Chanin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
    Here's the Senate bill to track:
    Family and Business Tax Cut Certainty Act of 2012 (S. 3521) - GovTrack.us

Considering it's lumped in with some very controversial tax cuts, I'm not optimistic.
    Thanks that's very helpful information.

Which items do you consider controversial?

I looks like most of these items are merely extensions of the existing tax code.

Larry
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Founder & President)

Model S - R140
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Chanin View Post
    Thanks that's very helpful information.

Which items do you consider controversial?

I looks like most of these items are merely extensions of the existing tax code.

Larry
    Well, they are all fine with me

But they include things like extending AMT qualification exclusions, which is a political hot potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Chanin View Post
    Perhaps, but seriously what savvy politician would pass on extending this in an election year?Larry
    My impression is that the concern is less about "people against it" and more about "running out of time during the lame duck". At least, that's the part that I think is worth worrying about, if at all.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Model S - R140
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    Let us know how it goes. As you know, finding reputable people down here to do work is always tough, so we need to find someone reliable and expert enough to do the job.
    After waiting two weeks I found a licensed electrician via someone who was doing some work at my office. He is very knowledgeable and when I told him what I was getting he took the time to do the research online and by the time he came to the house to do the site survey, he knew exactly what I needed. He quoted me a great price to hook up my HPWC, and told me he'd be happy to install for anyone else here in SE Florida, and can certainly do NEME 14-50 as well. Price depends on distance, etc.

Of course the Solar City-recommended place finally sent me an e-mail, but too late for them. I suspect they would have been overpriced, anyway.

The new guy's company is Others Electric, Inc., and the owner's name is Joseph. His e-mail is jlmyers82 at hotmail dot com

Btw, he had specific questions regarding how the HPWC mounts to the wall, and he called Tesla about it. What he got out of them is that the thing doesn't exist yet, and as soon as it does they will call him and let him know the mounting specifications. They said it will be available "some time in October". I have some concern that I'll have the car before the HPWC...that's probably a topic for one of the main forums?
    Last edited by NigelM; 2012-09-09 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Changed e-mail to avoid recipient getting spammed

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    After waiting two weeks I found a licensed electrician via someone who was doing some work at my office. He is very knowledgeable and when I told him what I was getting he took the time to do the research online and by the time he came to the house to do the site survey, he knew exactly what I needed. He quoted me a great price to hook up my HPWC, and told me he'd be happy to install for anyone else here in SE Florida, and can certainly do NEME 14-50 as well. Price depends on distance, etc.

Of course the Solar City-recommended place finally sent me an e-mail, but too late for them. I suspect they would have been overpriced, anyway.

The new guy's company is Others Electric, Inc., and the owner's name is Joseph. His e-mail is jlmyers82 at hotmail dot com

Btw, he had specific questions regarding how the HPWC mounts to the wall, and he called Tesla about it. What he got out of them is that the thing doesn't exist yet, and as soon as it does they will call him and let him know the mounting specifications. They said it will be available "some time in October". I have some concern that I'll have the car before the HPWC...that's probably a topic for one of the main forums?
    Thanks for the reference. I'll definitely email him when I'm ready to get my 14-50 outlet(s) (I'm thinking about doing one in the garage and one outside so I don't have to pull into the garage every time to charge). I would expect anyone with a Sig to get their car before the HPWC, so you're right to have that concern, but as long as you have a 14-50 when you get the car you should be fine, then can install the HPWC at a later date.
    Last edited by NigelM; 2012-09-09 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Changed e-mail to stop recipient getting spammed

Blog Entries
    Mod Note: I changed the electrician's e-mail address in the last posts to a format that you would all understand but that crawler programs wouldn't recognize. We want to give the guy business not robot spam.

Model S - R140
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    Thanks for the reference. I'll definitely email him when I'm ready to get my 14-50 outlet(s) (I'm thinking about doing one in the garage and one outside so I don't have to pull into the garage every time to charge). I would expect anyone with a Sig to get their car before the HPWC, so you're right to have that concern, but as long as you have a 14-50 when you get the car you should be fine, then can install the HPWC at a later date.
    Yeah, well that's an ADDITIONAL circuit that I will need to install, just for the time between the car and the HPWC availability!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, well that's an ADDITIONAL circuit that I will need to install, just for the time between the car and the HPWC availability!
    Not necessarily.

a) Use 110V for a week or two IF the HWPC is not there on time.
    b) Install the NEMA 14-50 with appropriate cable so you can simply swap out the breaker and the outlet later on.

Nigel,

Could you please provide me with contact information to your local electrician for PV panels. I live in Cape Coral. How big is your installation in kWh per year or month?
    Thank you.

Mike

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar

I e-mailed Joseph and haven't heard back from him yet. Did you already have your outlet installed? I have one quote and wanted to get another one before having the work done. I think I'm going to get 2 NEMA 14-50 outlets installed -- one in my garage and one outside for the days when I don't want to pull the car into the garage but still want to charge it. I'll be curious to see if there's a big price difference between electricians for this work. Thanks!

Thread Information