Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk measurement: front to back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this is covered someplace. I wasn't able to find this information via search of the forums or the Model S specs page. I was wondering if anybody knows what the measurement is from the farthest-back portion of the frunk (in the "microwave") to the farthest-forward part (behind the nosecone). I play bass guitar, and it would be super if my bass could fit in the frunk where it would be totally out of sight and locked securely if I stop for a meal someplace...

Hello Peter! Hope you had a good rest of your trip and a nice flight back home!

The case for my bass is about 48" long, so it won't fit in the concealed part of the rear compartment (although I think it should fit sideways in the storage area and be covered by the parcel shelf. Maybe.

I believe the "microwave" compartment in the frunk is wide enough to accommodate the bass case. And that compartment was reported to be 19" deep. So, if the frunk itself is a little over two feet deep, it should just fit. I think it'll be close!

Should hold a bass case from my memory, but space is pretty tight, the case will be angled. I play bass too and I'm concerned about the space as well. Currently playing Sadowsky, Fender, Cecilio, Alembic, Music Man, and Ibanez.

Cool I hope so!

Nice arsenal, BTW. :) I'm a Spector, Zon, MTD, NS Design and Steinberger guy myself. The Steinberger will fit for sure!! :-D I expect the MTD to be the tightest fit, apart from the NS, which doesn't have a chance.

No it won't fit. I checked to see if my golf clubs would fit and they do not. My driver is about 45 1/2" and it wouldn't fit even diagonally. Pretty sure it won't be a problem with the parcel shelf.

Here you go Mike. Stopped in the PDX store today, tape measure in hand. Click to zoom on the image. Note, the depth of the box is 18".

IMG_1588m.jpg

Awesome diagram, thank you!

Sadly, my bass case is 9" too long for the frunk. I believe it will go sideways in back under the parcel shelf, though, although it may have to be at a semi-upright angle so that it can extend into the "bump out" behind the wheel well.

Yeah I'm kicking myself for not measuring the back, while I was there with tape measure. Want to measure the foot well, the depth, width, and height with seats up, as well as with seats down.

Reviving an old thread. Some additional dimensions that I was curious about are added in red.

GregDimensions2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping my tote would fit but apparently it's too tall. I think without the lid the frunk would close, but I don't want to be dealing with lid removal and reattachment. :(

PowerPackerLabel.jpg

PowerPackerInFrunk.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: skitch23