Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Joaquin Valley - $3k Rebate from Air Pollution Control District

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is an old thread but I hope all you central valley dwellers know about this...I just got my $3,000 check in the mail today. That brings total tax rebates to $13,000 for me...has to be one of the best places in the country for EV rebates and the only rebate I know of that isn't state or federal but local.

Yes, they processed our application promptly, and we received our check about 90-100 days after we submitted the paperwork.

I found it ironic that the SJVAPCD knew next to nothing about charging infrastructure and the physics behind charging BEVs. They have no real interest in promoting charging stations, especially high-amp J1772 plugs, from Stockton to The Grapevine.

However, they are a fountain of information when it comes to getting farmers to retire their 1993 John Deere 3620 tractor that spews copious amounts of noxious exhaust into the valley air the 100 hours per summer the farmer is actually operating it. And the financial incentives to growers make the $3,000 that we receive for a 100% clean-air vehicle seem like beer money.