Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You think you're lonely...try life down here in Nixa, MO! (near Springfield)
There are at least a handful of other Model S reservation holders in and around STL.

Will you be getting the 100amp HPC? I'm looking for a new "friend" in STL where I can charge up when we come to/through town.

You think you're lonely...try life down here in Nixa, MO! (near Springfield)
There are at least a handful of other Model S reservation holders in and around STL.

Will you be getting the 100amp HPC? I'm looking for a new "friend" in STL where I can charge up when we come to/through town.

We decided against spending the extra cash for the HPC. Couldn't really justify it based on the length of my commute (40 miles). Though you are more than welcome to utilize our 240 plug if you need to.

- - - Updated - - -

I live near Carlyle lake on the Illinois side, 45 mi. from the riverfront. Glad to meet ya!

Nice to meet you to. I see that you are about 1100 cars ahead of me. Lucky you! Plus you get the Illinois credits. Unfortunately, Missouri doesn't offer any EV incentives :0(

We decided against spending the extra cash for the HPC. Couldn't really justify it based on the length of my commute (40 miles). Though you are more than welcome to utilize our 240 plug if you need to.(

Thanks, may need to do that one day. That said, there seem to be a plethora of charging options around STL, just nothing better than J1772 that I can tell. I'll have a 100amp HPC if you're ever down in SGF area.

I live in Creve Coeur (and work in O'Fallon, MO); we already talked a while back, but I'd love to take a look at a local Model S before our P6415 arrives

I'll be happy to take it west a little bit -- perhaps O'Fallon or Fairview Heights, IL, or maybe even a bit further once I receive it. So far I'm being told late October. I'll post here when the day comes...

Just thought I would bump this thread as a new forum member and a new reservation holder. I am in the Frontenac/T&C/Des Peres area. Looking forward to delivery sometime in the summer of 2013. Wish it were sooner as I am currently nursing an 11 year old Volvo that was totaled out by a deer. :frown: But hey, that got me looking at a Tesla, so not all was lost (well, except for the deer).

Just thought I would bump this thread as a new forum member and a new reservation holder. I am in the Frontenac/T&C/Des Peres area. Looking forward to delivery sometime in the summer of 2013. Wish it were sooner as I am currently nursing an 11 year old Volvo that was totaled out by a deer. :frown: But hey, that got me looking at a Tesla, so not all was lost (well, except for the deer).

Welcome to the family. What is your reservation number?

- - - Updated - - -

Mount?

Sandwiches?

Model S seat covers?

Hood ornament.
We are in Missouri after all.
:biggrin:

We should probably start our own little regional Tesla group, not sure how much those GatewayEV'ers want us around. :)

Also adding that my car was delivered last Saturday. I spent the day driving around St. Louis today, crazy how much interest there is in it!

I believe my reso # is 14,193.

Hood ornament.
We are in Missouri after all.
:biggrin:
Heh! Growing up in Texas, I saw more than my fair share of longhorns mounted to fronts of cars during the 80's! This poor deer was too young to have any points, so no hood ornament. I do have a hunter cousin who tans (has tanned) the hide, but I think I'll pass on deer seat covers. I was frankly surprised by the number of people (including the insurance adjuster who answered my call) who asked if I took the deer home after hitting it (<sarcasm>sure, I know how to field dress a deer, and can easily secure it to my car's roof and get it home</sarcasm>), but then my dad says that happens all the time out in NM where he lives - going one way he'll see a deer on the side of the road and an hour later, it's gone. I guess if the intestines haven't been compromised, it's still all good.

Thanks for the welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

We should probably start our own little regional Tesla group, not sure how much those GatewayEV'ers want us around. :)

Also adding that my car was delivered last Saturday. I spent the day driving around St. Louis today, crazy how much interest there is in it!

Congrats on the delivery!!! I have a small, but growing, list of people that are waiting for test drives/rides in the car when it gets here next summer.

And what is up with the Gateway EV club? I checked out their site and no activity to speak of in over a year?

And what is up with the Gateway EV club? I checked out their site and no activity to speak of in over a year?

It's a small group that meets on a monthly basis. I went to one meeting with Liz and the focus seemed to be on conversions and build-your-owns. Somehow I got the feeling that buying a complete EV is a bit of a foreign concept there. It's a nice group and they're relatively excited to hear about more mainstream EV's.

P.S. For what it's worth, just 30 miles east of you is deer hunting country where hitting a deer does create that reaction too... :)

I will add myself to the apparently growing list of "Model S-TL" enthusiast folks here. Also live in the West Co area (Frontenac/DesPeres). I am most envious of the two cars I have already seen rolling through the area -- one silver and one Sig Red (FlasherZ?). bluefuego, I have a nearly 9 year-old Volvo S60 R which has not hit any deer -- yet.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, P10,842

I will add myself to the apparently growing list of "Model S-TL" enthusiast folks here. Also live in the West Co area (Frontenac/DesPeres). I am most envious of the two cars I have already seen rolling through the area -- one silver and one Sig Red (FlasherZ?). bluefuego, I have a nearly 9 year-old Volvo S60 R which has not hit any deer -- yet.

Hi DocDog! I think I saw your post on the Tesla Motors forums. You mentioned you had seen one at the racquet club in Frontenac. Are you speaking of the tennis club off of Lindbergh? I will have to keep my eyes peeled the next time I play over there.

And stay safe in re to those deer. I went on a ride a long with a Town and Country police officer this summer and he said that they bagged at least 500 deer in T&C during the approved in-city hunt last year. There are still so many of them! I hit mine on the new section of 141 right around Olive Blvd. Just know that your Volvo will win vs deer (except in terms of repair costs - you will def be safe though!). Mine's a 2001 S60 T5 and thought it would last me forever.

Not sure if the red you saw was me or someone else -- my car is at least the third confirmed car that we know of.

We spent Tuesday in the central west end @ Barnes and went right back home to Illinois... same with Friday. Yesterday I took her to Target on Hampton, then continued on to Concord Plaza via Gravois and Lindbergh and back to the hospital.

Hi DocDog! I think I saw your post on the Tesla Motors forums. You mentioned you had seen one at the racquet club in Frontenac. Are you speaking of the tennis club off of Lindbergh? I will have to keep my eyes peeled the next time I play over there.

And stay safe in re to those deer. I went on a ride a long with a Town and Country police officer this summer and he said that they bagged at least 500 deer in T&C during the approved in-city hunt last year. There are still so many of them! I hit mine on the new section of 141 right around Olive Blvd. Just know that your Volvo will win vs deer (except in terms of repair costs - you will def be safe though!). Mine's a 2001 S60 T5 and thought it would last me forever.

Right, Frontenac Racquet Club is off of Lindburgh by Grassi's. I play there regularly, and saw the silver MS parked there once, but when I asked around the club, the car owner either didn't want to acknowledge or was playing on the courts at the time. Hope I catch him/her there again.

The Volvo has treated me well, and the seats are so comfortable. The car is reasonably speedy, and I enjoy the 6 speed manual (only way to go with an ICE). Once I bought the missus the Volt this year, though, it became clear that the advantages of electric are undeniable. It pains me now every time I have to stop at the gas station since she has gone since April without a fill-up. And the wonder of the low center of gravity and immediate acceleration (even with the relatively meager HP/Torque) just makes you want it all the more.

Will watch for you at FRC.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if the red you saw was me or someone else -- my car is at least the third confirmed car that we know of.

We spent Tuesday in the central west end @ Barnes and went right back home to Illinois... same with Friday. Yesterday I took her to Target on Hampton, then continued on to Concord Plaza via Gravois and Lindbergh and back to the hospital.

The Sig Red that I saw was travelling northbound on Lindburgh at Clayton. Doesn't sound like you were travelling in that neck of the woods. congrats on the new "real" bundle of joy. Your Model S is going to be jealous.