Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 72

Thread: Looking for St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts

  1. #11
    Member bluefuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    154
    Just thought I would bump this thread as a new forum member and a new reservation holder. I am in the Frontenac/T&C/Des Peres area. Looking forward to delivery sometime in the summer of 2013. Wish it were sooner as I am currently nursing an 11 year old Volvo that was totaled out by a deer. But hey, that got me looking at a Tesla, so not all was lost (well, except for the deer).

  2. #12
    ERIC VFX vfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CA CA
    Posts
    14,795
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefuego View Post
    ... so not all was lost (well, except for the deer).
    Mount?

    Sandwiches?

    Model S seat covers?

  3. #13
    P03056
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wentzville, MO
    Posts
    664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefuego View Post
    Just thought I would bump this thread as a new forum member and a new reservation holder. I am in the Frontenac/T&C/Des Peres area. Looking forward to delivery sometime in the summer of 2013. Wish it were sooner as I am currently nursing an 11 year old Volvo that was totaled out by a deer. But hey, that got me looking at a Tesla, so not all was lost (well, except for the deer).
    Welcome to the family. What is your reservation number?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
    Mount?

    Sandwiches?

    Model S seat covers?
    Hood ornament.
    We are in Missouri after all.

  4. #14
    S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near STL
    Posts
    3,395
    We should probably start our own little regional Tesla group, not sure how much those GatewayEV'ers want us around.

    Also adding that my car was delivered last Saturday. I spent the day driving around St. Louis today, crazy how much interest there is in it!

  5. #15
    Member bluefuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    154
    I believe my reso # is 14,193.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz G View Post
    Hood ornament.
    We are in Missouri after all.
    Heh! Growing up in Texas, I saw more than my fair share of longhorns mounted to fronts of cars during the 80's! This poor deer was too young to have any points, so no hood ornament. I do have a hunter cousin who tans (has tanned) the hide, but I think I'll pass on deer seat covers. I was frankly surprised by the number of people (including the insurance adjuster who answered my call) who asked if I took the deer home after hitting it (<sarcasm>sure, I know how to field dress a deer, and can easily secure it to my car's roof and get it home</sarcasm>), but then my dad says that happens all the time out in NM where he lives - going one way he'll see a deer on the side of the road and an hour later, it's gone. I guess if the intestines haven't been compromised, it's still all good.

    Thanks for the welcome!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    We should probably start our own little regional Tesla group, not sure how much those GatewayEV'ers want us around.

    Also adding that my car was delivered last Saturday. I spent the day driving around St. Louis today, crazy how much interest there is in it!
    Congrats on the delivery!!! I have a small, but growing, list of people that are waiting for test drives/rides in the car when it gets here next summer.

    And what is up with the Gateway EV club? I checked out their site and no activity to speak of in over a year?

  6. #16
    S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near STL
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefuego View Post
    And what is up with the Gateway EV club? I checked out their site and no activity to speak of in over a year?
    It's a small group that meets on a monthly basis. I went to one meeting with Liz and the focus seemed to be on conversions and build-your-owns. Somehow I got the feeling that buying a complete EV is a bit of a foreign concept there. It's a nice group and they're relatively excited to hear about more mainstream EV's.

    P.S. For what it's worth, just 30 miles east of you is deer hunting country where hitting a deer does create that reaction too...

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    21
    I will add myself to the apparently growing list of "Model S-TL" enthusiast folks here. Also live in the West Co area (Frontenac/DesPeres). I am most envious of the two cars I have already seen rolling through the area -- one silver and one Sig Red (FlasherZ?). bluefuego, I have a nearly 9 year-old Volvo S60 R which has not hit any deer -- yet.

    - - - Updated - - -

    FYI, P10,842

  8. #18
    Member bluefuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDog View Post
    I will add myself to the apparently growing list of "Model S-TL" enthusiast folks here. Also live in the West Co area (Frontenac/DesPeres). I am most envious of the two cars I have already seen rolling through the area -- one silver and one Sig Red (FlasherZ?). bluefuego, I have a nearly 9 year-old Volvo S60 R which has not hit any deer -- yet.
    Hi DocDog! I think I saw your post on the Tesla Motors forums. You mentioned you had seen one at the racquet club in Frontenac. Are you speaking of the tennis club off of Lindbergh? I will have to keep my eyes peeled the next time I play over there.

    And stay safe in re to those deer. I went on a ride a long with a Town and Country police officer this summer and he said that they bagged at least 500 deer in T&C during the approved in-city hunt last year. There are still so many of them! I hit mine on the new section of 141 right around Olive Blvd. Just know that your Volvo will win vs deer (except in terms of repair costs - you will def be safe though!). Mine's a 2001 S60 T5 and thought it would last me forever.

  9. #19
    S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near STL
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDog View Post
    I will add myself to the apparently growing list of "Model S-TL" enthusiast folks here. Also live in the West Co area (Frontenac/DesPeres). I am most envious of the two cars I have already seen rolling through the area -- one silver and one Sig Red (FlasherZ?). bluefuego, I have a nearly 9 year-old Volvo S60 R which has not hit any deer -- yet.
    Not sure if the red you saw was me or someone else -- my car is at least the third confirmed car that we know of.

    We spent Tuesday in the central west end @ Barnes and went right back home to Illinois... same with Friday. Yesterday I took her to Target on Hampton, then continued on to Concord Plaza via Gravois and Lindbergh and back to the hospital.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefuego View Post
    Hi DocDog! I think I saw your post on the Tesla Motors forums. You mentioned you had seen one at the racquet club in Frontenac. Are you speaking of the tennis club off of Lindbergh? I will have to keep my eyes peeled the next time I play over there.

    And stay safe in re to those deer. I went on a ride a long with a Town and Country police officer this summer and he said that they bagged at least 500 deer in T&C during the approved in-city hunt last year. There are still so many of them! I hit mine on the new section of 141 right around Olive Blvd. Just know that your Volvo will win vs deer (except in terms of repair costs - you will def be safe though!). Mine's a 2001 S60 T5 and thought it would last me forever.
    Right, Frontenac Racquet Club is off of Lindburgh by Grassi's. I play there regularly, and saw the silver MS parked there once, but when I asked around the club, the car owner either didn't want to acknowledge or was playing on the courts at the time. Hope I catch him/her there again.

    The Volvo has treated me well, and the seats are so comfortable. The car is reasonably speedy, and I enjoy the 6 speed manual (only way to go with an ICE). Once I bought the missus the Volt this year, though, it became clear that the advantages of electric are undeniable. It pains me now every time I have to stop at the gas station since she has gone since April without a fill-up. And the wonder of the low center of gravity and immediate acceleration (even with the relatively meager HP/Torque) just makes you want it all the more.

    Will watch for you at FRC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    Not sure if the red you saw was me or someone else -- my car is at least the third confirmed car that we know of.

    We spent Tuesday in the central west end @ Barnes and went right back home to Illinois... same with Friday. Yesterday I took her to Target on Hampton, then continued on to Concord Plaza via Gravois and Lindbergh and back to the hospital.
    The Sig Red that I saw was travelling northbound on Lindburgh at Clayton. Doesn't sound like you were travelling in that neck of the woods. congrats on the new "real" bundle of joy. Your Model S is going to be jealous.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tesla Enthusiasts
    By EViX in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2012-11-27, 08:50 AM
  2. Tesla Enthusiasts
    By EViX in forum Electric Vehicles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2012-08-17, 07:06 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2012-05-01, 12:04 PM
  4. EV Enthusiasts are Getting it Wrong
    By chronopublish in forum News
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2011-06-22, 07:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •