Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

would you benefit form having a HPC in Hamilton?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to decide if I should put a HPC in my garage or to stick with NEMA 14-50. The only good reason I have for the HPC is for others to charge on who are passing by. Would any of my fellow forum users benefit from a HPC here?

Lloyminn Ave - Google Maps

It's ~3km from Highway 403, a short walk from a great Thai restaurant, and movie theatres are 5.1km away...

Perhaps it would be better to just save the $$$ and go with the NEMA 14-50 and contribute to public charging in some way?

Any thoughts?

I disagree that you say "the only good reason" Matt...although they maybe few and far between, I'd bet that you will find at least once in the first year that you own the Model S, a time that you are happy that you can charge in a hurry...the more you drive electric, the more you want to drive "only electric"...with a young family, I'd bet you'll be happy that you can throw "maximum" electrons in the tank at a pinch...:wink:

But I do agree with your overall sentiment of making your charge station available to fellow EVers.

Just for record purposes, I have a 70 amp HPC at home, a 50 amp NEMA 14-50 at work (1.5kms away) and a 40 amp NEMA 14-50 at the cottage...all available for anyone to use...no one has ever used these stations (to date) but me.

Trying to decide if I should put a HPC in my garage or to stick with NEMA 14-50. The only good reason I have for the HPC is for others to charge on who are passing by. Would any of my fellow forum users benefit from a HPC here?

Lloyminn Ave - Google Maps

It's ~3km from Highway 403, a short walk from a great Thai restaurant, and movie theatres are 5.1km away...

Perhaps it would be better to just save the $$$ and go with the NEMA 14-50 and contribute to public charging in some way?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP
I have a 70A HPC at home (southern Ottawa about five minutes from the 416). I don't mind making it available to out-of-town Tesla owners, with advance notice of course. Right now it's only compatible with Roadsters, but if adapters are not made available then I will probably convert it to J1772.

We are also going to install a high power J1772 at our new office in the Merivale Road area. It should be available in about a month - two tops. We wouldn't mind the occasional out-of-town visitor using it - again by prior arrangement.

• Love
Reactions: MarcoRP