Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here's an idea - KOA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All KOA sites as well as RV camps have potential to be charging stations! :)

What is tesla partnered with key mcdonalds with supercharge stations? hehe
As a former owner of a 40' pusher, you are right on the money.

But, find a decent campground within city limits?

And again, they are fine for level 2, but not 3 phase DC.

McDonalds? YECH. Not even been in one since I was an adolescent.

The website of KOA has a tripplanner
Trip Planner | KOA Campgrounds

Could be of interest for people who want to travel long distances

Most likely they have all nema 14-50 outlets
If you click on the red dots along your planned route it tells you about that particular KOA, then if you click "Amenities" it tells you if they have 50 amp service.

We visit KOA's a lot, we travel in our bus and my wife likes to pick KOA"s. They do have 50 amp 14-50 plus and the cool thing about them is some have small cabins that they rent on a daily basis. I don't drive the bus more than 300 miles a day so could easily see using one of the cabins, ( a lot of motorcycle travellers use them) and then charge overnight and be gone in the morning. I'm in a campgound right now in Patterson Cal, I'll make a point to ask the owner what his take is on charging EV's.

We visit KOA's a lot, we travel in our bus and my wife likes to pick KOA"s. They do have 50 amp 14-50 plus and the cool thing about them is some have small cabins that they rent on a daily basis. I don't drive the bus more than 300 miles a day so could easily see using one of the cabins, ( a lot of motorcycle travellers use them) and then charge overnight and be gone in the morning. I'm in a campgound right now in Patterson Cal, I'll make a point to ask the owner what his take is on charging EV's.
Be sure to ask if they charge $10 as has been reported elsewhere.

Thanks all, I am planning an off Interstate drive from central Washington State to Wilder, ID and will be looking to RV sites as charging points. I had read in an RV post that all voltages were 110 which would mean a very long stop over for electrons. I will contact the RV sites that are at about the right locations and ask if they have 50 Amp >200 Volt service. Thanks again for the input. Jack

Thanks all, I am planning an off Interstate drive from central Washington State to Wilder, ID and will be looking to RV sites as charging points. I had read in an RV post that all voltages were 110 which would mean a very long stop over for electrons. I will contact the RV sites that are at about the right locations and ask if they have 50 Amp >200 Volt service. Thanks again for the input. Jack

Just be aware that most campgrounds are generally clueless when it comes to voltage. They really only know them by 50 amp vs 30 amp.