Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service if tesla goes bankrupt within six months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about the service on our model s when tesla not makes it in "next crutial six months" ?

Does the computer in the car still gets update's ? What if there is an software problem ?

what if.....what if.....

Service when tesla goes bankrupty in the next six months ?

What about the service on our model s when tesla not makes it in "next crutial six months" ?

Does the computer in the car still gets update's ? What if there is an software problem ?

what if.....what if.....

It is a risk. I feel comfortable that they will make it. I was in the same boat a year ago and then saw what they were doing at the factory and decided to go for it. It's no rinky dink experiment. They have the orders to make it financially and at the current rate I think they'll sell out all of next year as well. The question comes in if they can ramp up and maintain quality in the next 6 months.

I know the thought when I fall into a somber mood. But since ~2009 I am increasingly convinced that TESLA will go on and change the world. No doubts left.
I just make a confession now (due to this thread already started): I always thought (before ~2008) that Elon Musk's life must be really endangered. In my opinion there were uncountable people killed in oil-related wars/"business" in the past decades (where destruction of whatsoever never was no obstacle). I thought that TESLA/the men behind it - as a threat to the same "business field" (mighty ennemies) - must be in high danger.
Sometimes I still think that there must be some evil dudes who are hopping mad now that they overlooked what was nascent there. TESLA could have been stopped at past times.

Even if Tesla doesn't make it financially through the next six months - and I think it will - there's no way everything they have done will be thrown into the dustbin. There is far too much value there. Someone will purchase it. Probably Daimler.

Responding to the title of the thread alone...

Perhaps someone has a collation of links that might help the OP and others get a feel for "what is servicing like for owners of vehicles produced by manufacturers that have since closed their doors". Tucker, Delorean and Saab owner stories might provide an interesting spectrum of "owner life" a couple years from now.

"The next six months for Tesla are going to be tough. I think six months from now, we'll know whether it will survive or not. And I think it will. But the next six months will determine that."

Elon's word is good enough for me. This is in the same statement that's causing all the fuss. He's just a brutally honest person and it's what makes him a very good CEO.

Considering what Tesla has already been through since inception, and the fact the gross margin will be much better since they manufacture most of the Model S in house (to quote Elon: "raw materials such as rolls of sheet metal enter one end of the plant and finished cars roll out the other end"). As long as they can manufacture the Model S for their projected costs, they have no issue, and the cars quality is good, and no serious issues pop up. I am confident in Tesla.

Full disclosure: I am a shareholder (long on TSLA)

Mitch