Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Florida Delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
On August 17th one of our club members informed me that she and her husband received delivery of their Founders Series Model S. Below are some photos.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

If you zoom this photo and check the chrome you'll see the Founder Series badging.

Larry

On August 17th one of our club members informed me that she and her husband received delivery of their Founders Series Model S. Below are some photos.

View attachment 9037

Larry

The Roadster there is a Founder, I think #22, so that might be the first picture of a Founders Roadster and S together -- pretty cool!

BTW -- for vanity plate enthusiasts, the Roadster plate says "PLUG 1IN".

Hi Arnold,

How can you tell that's a Founder Series Roadster?

Thanks.

Larry

I have really good eyes?!

Just kidding! I posted in Random Model S Sightings that I saw this car as it was being prepped, and the guy in the store showed me that Roadster and said it was a Founders (22, I think). He said it was in for service, though it was two different Founders who had these cars. I'm assuming that's the same car I saw inside that day last week.

I have really good eyes?!

Just kidding! I posted in Random Model S Sightings that I saw this car as it was being prepped, and the guy in the store showed me that Roadster and said it was a Founders (22, I think). He said it was in for service, though it was two different Founders who had these cars. I'm assuming that's the same car I saw inside that day last week.

Thanks. Agreed, if the Roadster is F22 there are two different Founders. The first name of the original owner of F22 is Greg. That's not the name of the Model S owner.

Larry

That's great news. I was just thinking, when my car is shipped from Fremont, CA to Florida, I will be able to wave hello to the truck as it drives down the highway and passes my house and continues for another 210 miles to the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami store. Then, I will either have to drive 3 hours to pick it up, or wait a few more days for it to be delivered. : (

That's great news. I was just thinking, when my car is shipped from Fremont, CA to Florida, I will be able to wave hello to the truck as it drives down the highway and passes my house and continues for another 210 miles to the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami store. Then, I will either have to drive 3 hours to pick it up, or wait a few more days for it to be delivered. : (

Hi Dave,

Don't forget that Tesla is working on setting up a service center in Tampa. Getting that done sooner rather than later not only benefits their customers, but its more economical for them and it makes it much easier on their staff to deliver high volumes.

As long a the delivery fees are the same, to me its a no-brainer whether to drive to a store, even if it were only an hour's drive to Tampa, versus getting home delivery. Besides Mary Ellen plans to throw me a delivery party. (You and your girls of course will be invited.) The logistics would be tough at a service center. :wink:

Larry

Note to Florida Tesla Motors Club members:

For additional deliveries to club members I started a post in our community group with details of our dates and locations, with our real names. It's hidden from public view so we can share more personal details. If you're a Florida Tesla Motors Club member, but not yet a member of our private discussion group, just send me a private message with your real name and I'll be delighted to invite you to gain access the private forum.

Larry