Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Plug In Day 2012 Events - September 23rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[EDIT: This thread is for 2012. The 2013 thread is HERE]

And I'm organizing two Seattle-area events:

1. The International Fountain at Seattle Center, and
2. Snoqualmie Falls Park

Both are great sites that will have plenty of passers-by to see the cars and ask questions about them. But you may prefer the Snoqualmie Falls site; it is more scenic, is the site of a hydroelectric facility (in fact Puget Sound Energy is a sponsor); and best of all, they allow us to give rides that day!

Please register to attend on the site. Thanks!

Last edited:
I will be giving rides in my Roadster at this event:
National Plug In Day

This will be the EAA's Silicon Valley chapter's 40th rally. All kinds of plugin vehicles are expected to attend from home made conversions to examples of nearly all commercially available EVs.
Owners can either display their cars or give rides to the public along a 2 mile long loop on local streets. In addition, this year, thanks to a new location owners can choose an alternate, longer loop that includes a highway portion.
We usually have at least two Roadsters: the more the merrier!
We also just learned that thanks to a major sponsor, car registration is free! (not all websites and documents have been updated yet)
Charging will be available on site, including at least one Roadster UMC.

In LA we have El Segundo: http://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/

LA Automobile Driving Museum is the site.

e and g 2.jpg

Last edited:
Nashville is organizing an event for Plug In Day. We are planning an EV-Rally that will include the first EV Limo for the 23rd and a kickoff reception to be held at the Embassy Suites In Cool Springs.
Gretchen Peters our local singer/ songwriter talent will perform.
We are hoping to have as many EV's as possible in the rally. If you are interested to join us please visit Facebook for detailed information.
Update Your Browser | Facebook

National Plug In Day San Diego events:

Sunday, Sept 23, 2012

8:00 am

California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave., Suite100
San Diego, CA

Vanessa Minei
Marketing Associate
#858.737.1581** x422

11:00am - "Gaggle" of cars depart for a tour through San Diego, from the CCSE parking lot to Balboa Park (about 11 miles). NOTE: This is NOT a parade.

2012 National Plug In Day | Plug In America
Electric Vehicles - Sierra Club

There are plans for DC ChadeMo charging to be available onsite, courtesy of Quick Charge Power and Andromeda Power. On site, there are several Blink J1772 EVSE's, also.

National Plug In Day is being organized by the Sierra Club, Plug In America, and the Electric Auto Association, it will highlight the thousands of electric vehicles hitting our streets in cities nationwide and the opportunities a switch to EVs presents for reducing emissions and dependence on oil.

Last edited:
National Plug-In Day: Sept 23, 2012

Any Tesla Model S owners out there? Will you have your car by Sept 23? (I won't have mine until 2013). Then please consider attending a local event on National Plug-In Day on Sept 23, 2012 (see 2012 National Plug In Day | Plug In America to find an event near you).

What a great way to show off your shinny new Model S. The EVent in Cupertino, CA will also be the 40th Annual EAA Silicon Valley EV Rally. This year it will be held at De Anza College from 10am - 4pm. We will have a large variety of EVs on display and some available for rides. It would be great to have some Model S cars there also.

National Plug In Day

Hope to see you there!

Events in 60 different cities will honor all things electric auto, Spokane to Boston.
While I do appreciate your mention of Spokane, :) there are cities not between Spokane and Boston (Portland, Seattle, etc.) that will have events as well.

I'll be at the Spokane event. There won't be as many EVs here as in some big cities, but anyone in the area should stop by. I'm not an organizer, but I gather that there will be a variety of plug-in cars, including production cars and conversions.