Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Cleveland Ohio Model S Rervation Holder out there ready to build?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have received information that there are perhaps 28 cars on reserve in our area. Since there is no Service Center very close and all cars will have scheduled maintenance trying to figure out if a)Tesla may actaully set up service centers remote from the big cities, or if b)we could convince Tesla to have a ranger dropped in from somewhere where may appointment could be takne care of at once.

Teslea is reluctant to give out personal info for the holders. I do know that there is someone in my City of Pepper Pike- but that's all.

Also would like ot discuss general uniquenees of our environment, its effect on cars, and what like minded people are doing to take care of these matters..

Anyone in?

I have received information that there are perhaps 28 cars on reserve in our area. Since there is no Service Center very close and all cars will have scheduled maintenance trying to figure out if a)Tesla may actaully set up service centers remote from the big cities, or if b)we could convince Tesla to have a ranger dropped in from somewhere where may appointment could be takne care of at once.

Tesla is reluctant to give out personal info for the holders. I do know that there is someone in my City of Pepper Pike- but that's all.

Also would like ot discuss general uniquenees of our environment, its effect on cars, and what like minded people are doing to take care of these matters..

Anyone in?

Welcome to TMC! Glad to see a fellow NE Ohio member chime in.
I assume you're on the reservation list for a Model S. If so, care to share your status (Prod vs. Sig, have you configured, expected delivery date, etc.)?
If in fact there are 20+ Model S's coming to this area I say we should start a local Tesla club!

I'm expecting delivery of my car in October (Sig 729) and I know of another Sig holder who should be getting his by the end of August if production/deliveries stay on pace. Other than that, I know a Roadster owner in Chagrin Falls and I see someone from Mentor has a Model S reservation (if you haven't yet, check out this thread set up by Robert.Boston, nice wiki-map with Model S and X reservations, add a marker for yourself if you wish: World Map of Model S Reservation Holders).

I understand Tesla's reluctance to share info on other reservation holders due to privacy concerns. For now it's up to us to find a way to establish contact with each other, and TMC and the official TM board are the best avenues we have for this. Aside from being able to post, TMC allows you send private messages to other individual members - I'll send you one now with my info so we can chat.

As far as stores/service centers in the area, the rumor I am aware of is a service center in Columbus opening by end of 2012 (unofficial). If we do have a large presence of Roadsters, Models S's and eventually Model X's in NE Ohio we may justify a service center in Cleveland but as far as I know, no plans for this at present. Sharing ranger fees would be a neat thing, not sure if Tesla would bite but the least we can do is ask (and we don't even know what the annual maintenance will cost yet).

I am "the other Sig holder that will have the care before the end of August". Welcome to the board.

I am doubtful of an Ohio service center this year. I know of more prevelant areas that are still in need.

We do have 2 Roadster although only 1 lives in Northeast Ohio. My position on the map is also incorrect. I am in Akron.

Personally I do not believe Ohio to be all that unique when it comes to environmental concerns for the S. If you are planning on driving all year round I would go with winter tires... No steel to rust... Just drive! I believe the roadster provided Tesla with geographically relevant environmental data. I believe they will use this when building Model S. (sand, salt, humid, dry...)

Columbus would be a great addition for Tesla stores. I'm just outside Dayton and that would be an hour drive. Columbus could service Cincinnati, Cleveland and Dayton without to much hassle for everyone. Currently, Chicago is the closest at 280+ miles is a little distant. I'm in strong believe that the servicing aspect of your Tesla will be solved as they expand their stores.

I know nothing specific, just speculation.

Sig. #121

I have heard a lot of rumors about a Columbus service center, and a few about Cincinnati and Cleavland service centers. Columbus would be great for 60 kWh and higher Model S owners in other parts of the state, but it would be hard for a 40 kWh Model S to make it there from Cleavland, Toledo, or Cincinnati. Hopefully they open up something, as Chicago is a long haul, and out of range of virtually all of us. Looking at the reservation map, there are actually not as many reservations in Columbus as I would expect, but we all know that our map is far from complete.

I met the Service Head for Canada this past weekend and he suggested that the anual maintenance for the Model S would be around $500 exclusive of travel to or from Service Center. He though that it migh be possible to pool together with other owners to have service done at same time- for instance in Cleveland.

He alsomentioned that Telsa's plan was to set up a network of body shops that were certified to work on Telsa.

Haven't seen anything official on either of these matters.

Just told by Tesla that there is a post on their website searching for techs for the upcming Columbus store. Great news, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Your search found 1 matching job(s).

Title of Position

Office Location

# of openings

Job Type

Service Manager - Columbus, OH

US-OH-Columbus-Service

Full time

Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.

New Search

Fullclev,
As I told mlascano, you are welcome to call, txt, email me with any questions and/or concerns. We will be putting our S away for the winter here in the next few weeks, but if you would like to see it as she sits in storage (a gorgeous garage with some fun old cars) you are welcome. Please let me know!

my user name @me.com

mlascano, you are welcome to visit as well! I am off on Mondays...

Fullclev,
As I told mlascano, you are welcome to call, txt, email me with any questions and/or concerns. We will be putting our S away for the winter here in the next few weeks, but if you would like to see it as she sits in storage (a gorgeous garage with some fun old cars) you are welcome. Please let me know!

my user name @me.com

mlascano, you are welcome to visit as well! I am off on Mondays...

Thanks! I'll take you up on the visit. I'll send you an email to coordinate.

In Avon, OH. Will be expecting model S delivery in Feb/Mar (res. #7386). Am also holding a reservation for a model X (res. #1830).

Welcome to TMC. Glad to see more people in NE Ohio popping up.
I should get mine next week (currently in transit), too bad the snow is here already so spirited driving will have to wait until I switch back to summer tires.
I'm planning a little post-delivery party, PM me if you're interested, trying to get all the Tesla fans in the area together.

Good! Finally left the dealership and now working a 9-5 m-f!!! I hope we can all meet up soon!

I have my personal guy down here in Akron that I would trust with my life! He isn't cheap and I would have to make sure he has time... He also isn't super fast...

Please just whatever you do, don't go to Classic DCR...

Let me know if I can help!