Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest & Cheapest Gas Prices by Country

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've been discussing this here: Fuel prices world-wide

Nice find btw, proud to be #4 on the list... :)

I filled up my M5 today, that was pretty expensive.. About EUR 120 ($150) for a almost full tank.

After filling up it said: Range 450km

The Model S will be fully charged for EUR 20 ($25) and give me almost the same range!

Very interesting. Although there are questions about whether the refinery can compete, Delta just has to make it competitive enough that it's cheaper than paying for other companies' profits.

It doesn't actually have to lower fuel prices for Delta for it to be a good investment. They have huge problems with prices swings. If they are able to stabilize their costs they can price their fares better, and not have to worry about flying 2 months worth of tickets around when fuel prices have gone up 50% for whatever stupid reason.

The other thing that Delta can do is assure that 40% of the crude is going to make Jet fuel, versus diesel or gasoline. When there are gasoline shortages, refineries will tweak their output to produce less Jet, and more gasoline. Making Jet more expensive. This way Delta can also hedge against a shortage.

This got a lot of coverage in Atlanta back in May. Delta thinks even if they pay slightly more for Jet fuel out of their refinery it will still be an success. And they don't expect to have significantly less expensive fuel from it. It is mostly a risk mitigation program.

EDIT: Most of that being short (2-3 years) term. Long term the definitely want to lower their fuel costs, and probably acquire more refining capacity.