Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Fisker Fires

Model S Perf Sig 1055 Larry Chanin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    Do we actually know that some of those Karmas were spoken for?

There were thousands of cars at that port, not just the Karmas. I don't fault whoever's responsible for leaving them there. Temporarily moving them all at once takes time and money, and is a huge logistical operation. You don't know for sure that they'll be flooded, but if they are, that's what insurance is for. The priority at times like that is getting people to safety and the loss of those cars is just a blip compared to the destruction caused by that storm.
    Hi Doug,

I'm too lazy and indifferent to Fisker to further research this, but if I recall correctly I read an early report regarding the 16 or so Karmas that burned in which they reported that some were awaiting delivery and hadn't be picked up by the various dealerships.

Larry
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Founder & President)

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Chanin View Post
    ...if I recall correctly I read an early report regarding the 16 or so Karmas that burned in which they reported that some were awaiting delivery and hadn't be picked up by the various dealerships.
    I remember reading that too, but now think that was just speculation. Yes those cars are meant to eventually go to dealers, but given Fisker's sales volume, those 300 cars would have been (and maybe already were) sitting on that lot for a while.

FiskerBuzz doesn't get a ton of traffic, but I haven't seen anyone complain about the car they were expecting to get being destroyed.

Some irony in the fact that Fisker named their next model "Atlantic" (as in Atlantic Ocean.)
    Moderator - Roadster, and Future Cars forums

Blog Entries
    I had a strange experience while on vacation the other day. Someone heard that we had a Tesla Model S, and wanted to help us out by telling us to get rid of it before it set fire to our house! He gave us enough details to be pretty sure that he was talking about the two Karma fires not caused by flooding, but absolutely refused to believe that it wasn't the Tesla. I think he thought the Volt fire was Tesla too. Strange... he's a very intelligent and well read guy.

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by ggr View Post
    I had a strange experience while on vacation the other day. Someone heard that we had a Tesla Model S, and wanted to help us out by telling us to get rid of it before it set fire to our house! He gave us enough details to be pretty sure that he was talking about the two Karma fires not caused by flooding, but absolutely refused to believe that it wasn't the Tesla. I think he thought the Volt fire was Tesla too. Strange... he's a very intelligent and well read guy.
    I had to disabuse some math dept friends of the notion the Volt was a fire hazard. "Smart" people are still people and like many folks, don't bother to read much past the headlines of things they're not that interested in. Your experience does go to show that Fisker's issues do have collateral damage. Hopefully they can get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by ggr View Post
    He probably works for fisker lol

Blog Entries
    I've had some fairly intelligent/well-read friends assure me that it was a Roadster that started on fire -- and also that it was assembled in Finland. I finally ended the conversation with 'just google it & let me know if you find the article'.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    I've had some fairly intelligent/well-read friends assure me that it was a Roadster that started on fire -- and also that it was assembled in Finland. I finally ended the conversation with 'just google it & let me know if you find the article'.

A few years ago, a Tesla ranger came to my home and installed an insulator on the positive 12v lead- due to a few cars catching on fire. I think part of the Roadster was assembled in the Europe, perhaps they are mixing all this up but are indeed referring to the Roadster?

Blog Entries
    No, they were definitely referencing the Fisker fires, telling me about the garage in Texas that burned up, "lucky they got out of there alive!".
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PRJIM View Post
    A few years ago, a Tesla ranger came to my home and installed an insulator on the positive 12v lead- due to a few cars catching on fire. I think part of the Roadster was assembled in the Europe, perhaps they are mixing all this up but are indeed referring to the Roadster?
    There was never any fire. ONE Roadster had a little charring on the wires.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Thread Information