Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Financing options

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoli View Post
    Just put the application in with PenFed for financing. I could only get so far into the car details since they don't have "Tesla" as a manfacturer in the drop downs. Anyone else applied with PenFed yet?
    I think it's a little premature to apply (given your res number)?! I was planning on waiting to hear from Tesla to schedule a delivery date before applying at PenFed. 2-3 weeks should be plenty to get a car loan app processed, right?!
    Awaiting VIN P 65513 - P85D, Performance Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Black Alcantara Headliner, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA December 2014

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August 2014

I received my Pre-Delivery MVPA today. The document states that the Amount Due must be paid at the time the Vehicle is delivered. It sounds like I can sign now and worry about the financing bit later (hopefully not too later). Is that what the majority did? Has anyone secured a loan first before signing the document, or is that simply not possible, e.g., loaner requires to see signed agreement.

no loan yet. I am pretty sure i should be ok to get one since I had about a 10% salary increase since last year when I refinanced a mortgage. I think the auto loan I'm planning will be 2.49% for 6 yrs
    the other rates are 2.34% for 4-5 yrs / 1.99 for 3yrs or less & 3.24% for 7
    SMCU (san mateo credit union) it's the best rate i have found. I had an auto loan from them before and they find the exact car you want and set up delivery to wherever you want. It was pretty neat. I got it while I was at work (poor guy had to drive it up 101 on a trailer to Eureka from the Bay and was totally carsick)

anyone have some better rates anywhere?
    Last edited by Zextraterrestrial; 2012-08-27 at 10:01 PM.

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Yes, financing only when Tesla contacts you to schedule a delivery date (when the car's close to being done).

Z-ET, you could try PenFed who offer financing for upto $70,000 for upto 5 years at 1.49% !

PenFed - Auto Loans Overview

You can become a member for a nominal membership fee and a small deposit even without a military affiliation. See my post on an older financing thread earlier:

Are you financing to get the Model S? - Page 5

If you plan on financing Wells Fargo so far seems pretty good- loan on the spot.
    Bank of America- waste of time, the loan people didn't know what a Tesla and kept on asking what "dealership" and all these questions not pertinent to the Tesla

save your time and just go to Wells Fargo

Roadster 472 - S 440
    You just got the wrong person. BoA was the preferred financier for the Roadster and had special rates.

I'll be taking my business to my local credit union too, gg. Mine is Keypoint CU. Bonus...they offer lower rates for green cars too!
    7 Year loan at 2.74% - 0.25% (returning customer) - 0.25% (auto pay) -0.20% (30% down) -0.25% (green car) = 1.79% for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by goyogi View Post
    I'll be taking my business to my local credit union too, gg. Mine is Keypoint CU. Bonus...they offer lower rates for green cars too!
    7 Year loan at 2.74% - 0.25% (returning customer) - 0.25% (auto pay) -0.20% (30% down) -0.25% (green car) = 1.79% for 7 years.
    Wow, at that rate, I would be foolish to pay cash for the car! I too bank with Keypoint, and had a car loan with them previously (hopefully it does not matter that the loan never went full term because I paid off early to avoid debt).

Roadster 472 - S 440
    Read the fine print. It seems to say that the minimum rate with all discounts is 1.99%. Still pretty good.

..And Tesla isn't on their green car list ??? Someone should call them to fix that!

Thread Information