Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Financing options

P2982
    Navy federal 1.99% 72 months.
    VIN 02324. Blue P85

Authorization not given to use my posts or comments elsewhere besides TMC forums.

Does anyone know if Navy Federal caps auto loans at $70,000, like Penfed does? I can't find anything in their disclosure that says anything about an maximum loan amount. If not, I think I'll go with them and trade a slightly higher rate (1.79% vs 1.49%) to be able to finance the whole amount on my Performance 85.
    Model S P85 VIN 03278 1/17/13. Black, Black, 21" greys, carbon, sound, tech, pano, jump seats.
    Model S P85D on order, ETA Dec. Red, Black, 21" greys, carbon, sound, tech, pano, jump seats.
    Model X Sig #1242 and regular #3801

Logix CU. 1.99% for 60 months and 100% financing.

Logix - Rates

P2982
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyAdopter View Post
    Does anyone know if Navy Federal caps auto loans at $70,000, like Penfed does? I can't find anything in their disclosure that says anything about an maximum loan amount. If not, I think I'll go with them and trade a slightly higher rate (1.79% vs 1.49%) to be able to finance the whole amount on my Performance 85.
    Navy federal does not cap at all. This is the 3rd loan we have had with them and they have been great each time. They had a local office for me and I was in and out in an hour with check in hand. Check is good for, i believe, 90 days. Now just need tesla to firm up my delivery date.
    VIN 02324. Blue P85

Authorization not given to use my posts or comments elsewhere besides TMC forums.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyAdopter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by capt601 View Post
    Navy federal does not cap at all. This is the 3rd loan we have had with them and they have been great each time. They had a local office for me and I was in and out in an hour with check in hand. Check is good for, i believe, 90 days. Now just need tesla to firm up my delivery date.
    I went with Navy Federal and their "preapproval" is good for 60 days. there was a cap for me (above 70), but I told them I had $xxxxx.00 set asside for the downpayment and they went $xxxx.00 above what I asked for as a safety margin. I was able to get 1.79 for 72 months. Still need the VIN for the "preapproval" to be valid.

85 kWh Silver Tesla Model S, Panoramic Roof, 21" Silver Wheels, Int: Black Leather with (Gloss) Obeche Wood and CCI, Pkgs: Tech, Sound Studio, Air, Parcel Shelf, Twin Chargers

P2982
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmith2189 View Post
    I went with Navy Federal and their "preapproval" is good for 60 days. there was a cap for me (above 70), but I told them I had $xxxxx.00 set asside for the downpayment and they went $xxxx.00 above what I asked for as a safety margin. I was able to get 1.79 for 72 months. Still need the VIN for the "preapproval" to be valid.
    That's strange about needing the VIN, they gave me a blank check and told me to fill in the VIN when I sign the check over to Tesla. They just asked how much I wanted to finance, no discussion aboutmmymdownpayment or how much the car cost.
    VIN 02324. Blue P85

Quote Originally Posted by capt601 View Post
    That's strange about needing the VIN, they gave me a blank check and told me to fill in the VIN when I sign the check over to Tesla. They just asked how much I wanted to finance, no discussion aboutmmymdownpayment or how much the car cost.
    Right, they need the VIN when you give it to Tesla, or it's not valid. Guess my loan person was more chatty.

85 kWh Silver Tesla Model S, Panoramic Roof, 21" Silver Wheels, Int: Black Leather with (Gloss) Obeche Wood and CCI, Pkgs: Tech, Sound Studio, Air, Parcel Shelf, Twin Chargers

For those going with PenFed, are they ok with close to 100% financing? The only downpayment I planned on using was the original $5k reservation, I was going to finance all the rest. I saw mention elsewhere that some institutions may not be comfortable with high LTVs on new concept car.

Another one for the mix is Alliant Credit Union, a bit more expensive at 1.99%. I happened to find them looking for somewhere that did fee-free HSA's

S P2420 / X S207
    PenFed will max out at 70k. I've read here that they require 15% down to get that amount, but I don't recall seeing that on their website. Given that mine will be closer to 100k, I'm definitely putting at least 15% down to work within the 70k limit.

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    To avoid any last minute hiccups with PenFed (and to boost Tesla's Q4 cash reserves! ), I've just wired the balance of my downpayment (over and above the original $5k deposit) to Tesla and requested them to send me an updated MVPA that reflects

a) the balance due to them which would be the exact amount that I'll be financing with PenFed
    b) 2013 as the model year since I'll be getting mine in January (my original MVPA from August reflects a November delivery and 2012 as the MY)

The Tesla rep asked for a few days to get the paperwork updated (and I'm no rush till early January!) - they are probably swamped with all the December production craziness.
    Awaiting VIN P 65513 - P85D, Performance Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Black Alcantara Headliner, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA December 2014

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August 2014

Thread Information