Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

History of site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lloyd

Supporting Member
Jan 12, 2011
San Luis Obispo, CA
I would be interested to know.

The origination of this site, the founders, motivations. No agenda, just came to mind that it was different when there was another blog already viable from Tesla. Just interested, nobody needs to reply.

Daniel is an international man of mystery.
He was very young when he started the forum, and I think it was half enthusiasm and have entrepreneureal instinct.

Original forum announcement:
The Future of Cars is Electric | Blog | Tesla Motors
Daniel Sacks
11:48am | Aug 17, 2006
Come continue the conversation at Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum. We have created an online community to give you the opportunity to converse with ohter people who are excited about the roadster and other future tesla vehicles.

Over the years he seems very hands-off considering it was his idea.
I think he has other interests that occupy most of his thoughts.

But, I really don't know much.

There were two other Tesla forum attempts by others besides Tesla's. This one stuck.

Tesla also had an "owners only" forum that was really dreat for about a year. Then they started censoring and that quickly killed it. After they redesigned the website (Black to white BGx) I think it went away(?)

Teslas public blog was also great for a while (black) with key employees writing blog posts and answering questions, including Martin the CEO. (who also had his own blog later.)