Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer test drives coming soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I dropped by the Bellevue store and in chatting with the rep found out they are going to start having test drives from Bellevue Square. He described them as a "more traditional" test drive, lasting about 30 minutes with various routes around Bellevue. No commitment on timing, but would be great to get some more time behind the wheel!

More than length of time, I'd like to see the reservation holders plus one get a test drive before the general populace. My wife was pretty pissed off that she didn't get to drive. We have had our reservation since the early days after the Model S launch, and the money is as much hers as it is mine, so denying her a test drive didn't "make her smile."

Old news, but glad to hear it semi-confirmed via repetition...
I remembered something else Lance told me. Let me see if I can get the details right. Was something like...

In a month or so, the Bellevue store (and others) will be getting "permanent" test drive vehicles where we'd get "much more than the Amped style 8 min drives". He mentioned this in response to a question my passengers had prior to the Amped trip ("can we switch drivers after a couple streets?"). I asked him how they would do scheduling of drives initially. While he didn't have specifics, he said it would initially be for reservation-holders only. After the reservation-holder need / demand died down, he said it would be open to the general public (people lining up?) but that when/if reservation-holders visited they would cut in front of the line. After sharing that information I asked about the switching drivers mid-ride, and he said "no problem" to that.

Exciting times.
He mentioned that to me as well. Lance is awesome! So glad to have him at the Bellevue store!