Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura: Alternative Fuel Car Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla owners and enthusiasts! I am part of a group called the Central Coast Clean Cities Coalition. We are a non-profit group that reduces oil consumption by promoting alternative fuels, vehicles and infrastructure.

We are hosting an alternative fuel car show in October in San Luis Obispo, CA. I was wondering if there are any Tesla or other EV owners out there who are from the Monterey/SLO/Santa Barbara/Ventura county area who would be willing to show off their vehicle to the public. I have been in touch with a few of you privately, but we want to put the word out! You will get a chance to talk about the benefits of the Tesla to the general public. You would be able to help spread the word about just how great these cars are. In addition, you can connect with other EV and alternative fuel vehicle owners. It's completely free to participate in, we actually could really use some more volunteers and their awesome cars!

If anybody out there is interested in this, please PM me or email [email protected]. Thanks!

What is the date?
Here is what I found out when I inquired:

We will be hosting the car show on October 18th,
2012 from 6-9 p.m. It will be in San Luis Obispo on Higuera street during our weekly downtown Farmers' Market, one of the most popular events in the county with thousands of people in attendance weekly.

We will be hosting both industry and individuals who have alternatively fueled vehicles available. Our mission includes all six fuels from the Energy Policy Act of 1992, including: hydrogen, biodiesel, propane, compressed natural gas, electricity and ethanol. We will also have the Cal Poly Super Mileage team joining us. They are from the local state university and their car routinely gets 2500+ miles per gallon for their prototype vehicle.

We are hosting the event as part of National AFV Day Odyssey, a nationwide event held by the National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium (NAFTC).

I hope this is enough information. I encourage you to come and check us out if you are in the Central Coast area. Our alt. fuel car shows have historically been fairly successful, and always a good time. If you have any other questions please let me know!

--
Brandon Jones
Project Coordinator
Central Coast Clean Cities Coalition
805-305-5491
Central Coast Clean Cities Coalition (C5)