Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Good" (funny) questions to ask other EV drivers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the time, those of us lucky enough to drive EVs and talk to the public about them are fielding a slew of questions from great to not-so-great, and we try to be patient and helpful and so on. All very well. I've done events where plenty of people walk up having never even imagined that a car could run on electricity alone. Some of us have information sheets to hand out. I often stick a printout to my car showing a screenshot of the "Fuel saved by driving electric" screen of the VDS, just as a talking point.

But what if you can find another EV driver/advocate in the wild, and want to have some fun? I feel like there should be some really fun questions for us to ask and leave the owner speechless. I'm not talking about the old Top Gear rubbish here, I don't want to be genuinely annoying.

I've actually been asked a few of these questions by the public but they were so good, so perfect, that they left me reeling and I didn't write them down or remember them, I only recall the sensation of "wait, *what*? Er, huh?".

[mod note: done! b.]

Last edited:
Show them this picture and ask them if their EV manufacturer has come up with a solution for charging between Public Charging Stations. Note: Posted around 4/1/2011 on Tesla's Facebook page.

Tesla Perpetual Connector.jpg