Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio: Internet music options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me if this is discussed elsewhere, but out of the box, does anyone know if the Model S will be able to access sources like Pandora, MOG or Spotify?
Sadly only Slacker and TuneIn. I say sadly because having used them all, Spotify by far gives the best audio quality (320 kbps vs the other ranging from 25-128kbps). If the quality is VERY noticeable in my Chevy Avalanche, then it will be noticeable even more so in the Model S. I asked my rep about it, said that Slacker and TuneIn are all we are getting for now, and that if you want Spotify (or Mog or Pandora) you will have to stream it from your phone.

I'd also like to know if you can stream from the Sirius website from the Model S. I realise the car comes with Sirius/XM, but the stations I listen to are no lnoger carried on the satallite. Same question for TuneIn I guess, is it jsut the basic TuneIn (live streaming), or the enhanced version, wher you can browse for previous shows. Last question, while I'm thinking about this, is whether a VPN connection could be established from the car, as I listen to some UK channels which require a local (UK) IP address. I currently do this from my iPhone, and rarely drop the connection, so that's not a concern, but I'd like to quit using the phone for that stuff, as it's a bit of a pain when a call comes in.

Listening to BBC 3 at 320kps AAC now on TuneIn. Quality varies from stream to stream, and there are typically options as to quality.

Yup, is that time shifted or live? I'm new to TuneIn, but apparently have had it at home forever (on my Sonos system), but Id like the ability to listen to earlier shows, which I can do via the iPhone app, but not via Sonos. Just wondered which option will be available in the Model S.

Well both! There is app support coming right? Pandora is pretty popular and I thought I read it somewhere before on the S.

I dunno......

I'd love to see a Pandora app on the Model S. It'd be great to see all sorts of music apps on the "app" page or whatever it is.

Regardless of what is available, wondering how accessible it will be while driving..,......