Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rank Top 10 Electric Cars?

Rank the top 10 Electric Cars?

• Electric Tesla Roadster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ibuka, Miata

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would rank Tesla at number one. The rest are difficult because most would fall lower on my list than many home-built re-fits.

I don't believe there are any other electric's that are going to 2007 production. I'm n ot an expert on anything so this should be taken with a grain of salt.

These are the upcoming cars that I know of and the order I'd put them in:

1. Tesla
2. Phoenix Motorcars (Altair)
3. Feel Good Cars (EESTOR)
4. xebra
5. Mitsubishi Miev
6. Venturi's new torture car whose name escapes me.

I put Phoenix and Feel good in the same category of experimental because their power system is still being developed. If EESTOR comes through with the new ultra Cap technology then I'd move any car that uses that near the top.

Right now I'd look at AC propulsion because I think any retrofit they do is better than any car except Tesla.

It's hard to rank them without some ground rules. So. . . I'm going on the assumption that it's not limited to current production vehicles, so any electric car which has ever existed is fair game -- museum pieces, prototypes, concept cars, price is no object. . . .

1. Tesla Motors - Roadster
2. Venturi - Fetish
3. Commuter Cars - Tango T600
4. Wrightspeed - X1
5. AC Propulsion - tZero
6. General Motors - EV1
7. Renaissance Cars - Tropica
8. Bradley Automotive - GT II
9. Amectran - EXAR-1
10. Keio University of Japan - Elica

Honorable mention: PML Flightlink - Mini QED

The Mini QED is not technically a battery-electric vehicle, since it also has an internal combustion engine and can operate as a plug-in hybrid. It gets mentioned because it has better specifications than most pure EVs even if you never turn its engine on.

Out of this list. . . Only the Venturi Fetish and Tango T600 are in current production, both of them being hand-made in small numbers. The Tesla Roadster and Wrightspeed X1 are being put into production soon.

The tZero, Elica, and Amectran EXAR-1 were all prototypes or technology demonstrators, as is the Mini QED.

The GM EV1, Bradley GT and the Tropica are honorable production vehicles of the past that didn't take off as viable businesses. The Tropica and Bradley are still prized by collectors, while the GM EV1s were pretty nearly all destroyed (crushed) or permanently disabled (motor controllers removed).

vfx said:
What about the EBox? Ac Propulsion is making them now.

Are they actually putting them into some kind of production?

It's slightly hard to get excited about the EBox, since it's basically a conversion from a gasoline-powered car that wasn't (to me) terribly interesting to begin with. Kind of like the RAV4, which I thought about, but it didn't make my list either.

I probably should have put the EV1 a notch higher, above the tZero. Expecially since the "who killed" movie has elevated the EV1 to nearly mythilcal status.

I liked these too because they may actually be practical for some: :-\

-Mitsubishi innovative Electric Vehicle (i MiEV)

-ZAP Obvio 012E

...even though I don't think you can actually run out and purchase any of the above-mentioned cars and drive them home the same day.

Reva/Goingreen G-Wiz is at the top of my list. Why ? Because there are like 800 on the roads right now, with no strings attached like lease only or something like that. They are reasonably affordable too, at 7000 british pounds.
AC version just hit the streets, with lithium ion upgrade to follow next year.

Ok, so the car is ugly, does not have any luxuries and is of limited use ( not for tall people, just for city driving , bascially two seats ) but hey, its a start that SELLS. They have a great place to move on from. They have a market, they are getting noticed by public and by the media, they are building a loyal user base.. they apparently also have enough technology reserve to evolve on.
I think from business perspective, they are off to a great start, i just hope that they get enough momentum going to reach the spot where they can bring a highway capable model to market. That would be an avalanche ...