Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New EV charging stations in Dallas, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! Like all of you, I am an EV enthusiast and activist. For the past few months, I have been working with the high school where I graduated from to install an EV charging station. It will be completed around the end of this week, and the inauguration will be soon afterward. We want to have as many EV enthusiasts and owners present to celebrate at the inauguration, and show off their EVs. We believe this event represents another step forward in the necessary development of EV infrastructure.

Please let me know if you are interested so I can provide you the details once we know the exact date of inauguration. The school is Greenhill School in Addison, Texas. Thanks!

I'd love to know how you went about it, who you used for installation and what it cost. I'm trying to convince my company to install one in our parking lot (for company and guest use, but not public), but getting real numbers on the cost has been tricky.

We used Blink Network, and the cost really depends on each individual project. Generally the most ambiguous cost figures come from having to dig up the concrete/asphalt and the length of the underground cables. You have to talk directly to Blink or whoever else you want to install the charger to get an audit for accurate pricing estimates. Also, there are some grants available from Ecotality (I'm not sure if they are still going on) to reduce costs. Anyways, the charging stations themselves cost between $2,000 and $5,000, if I remember correctly. Will you be interested in attending the Greenhill EVent?

I'm insisting the school administration to give me additional info, but all they can tell me is that the station will be completed either this Friday or by Thursday next week. The best estimate I can give you for the inauguration date is the morning of Thursday, August 16. Like I said, I'll keep posting information as soon as I obtain it. I'll keep pressuring Blink Network as well as my school's administration to come up with a set date. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm frustrated by this as well.

Ok so I finally got a status update. The charging stations are basically finished, though it's not clear whether they are going to be functional for the inaugural event. Either way, we are going to do the official inauguration Thursday at 9:00 AM, because I have to leave for college the next morning. So, you probably won't be able to charge up. I still hope you can make it so people can see the Tesla and understand EV's more fully. Also, it would make a great picture.
If you decide to attend, enter Greenhill School (4141 spring valley rd) on Hornet road (not spring valley), go straight until you get to the big parking lot. To the left, there will be a water tower with spray paint all over it. The charging stations are on the other side. Thanks, and please let me know if you can make it!!

When you know, post the specifics.

Not sure if you saw the other posts so I'm replying directly so you know:
The charging stations are finished, and will be ready to charge EVs tomorrow. Inauguration is at 9:00 AM tomorrow.
Enter Greenhill School (4141 spring valley rd) on Hornet road (not spring valley), go straight until you get to the big parking lot. To the left, there will be a water tower with spray paint all over it. The charging stations are on the other side. Thanks, and please let me know if you can make it!!

And I'm sure you know this, but just in case... Since the stations are Blink charging stations, I think you need a membership to be able to charge with them. And also I think you need the Tesla adapter chord to be able to plug in to those stations... Again, just making sure we're on the same page

Well done. Nice work and very forward thinking of you. Good luck in your future studies. Maybe you'll be at Tesla someday if that's something you're interested in.

Not the Greenhill story, but another one. Childrens Medical center (with campuses in Dallas, Plano, and Southlake) are in talks with EV-GO. If they do decide to go with them (rather than Blink, or Chargepoint) that will - at the least - give the campuses a Level 2 charger, which we can take advantage of, and a potential DC Fast charge (potential, because it is ChaDeMO ... not going into that here). EV-GO is less rampant than Blink or Chargepoint, and - to my knowledge - only has stations in South Dallas and North Houston metro areas.

Good: They are growing. Bad: ChaDeMO.

I work at CMC, so if they come to a decision of placing them here, I will make a post. If it dies on the vine, I will try to let you know it ended.

(mods, if it makes sense, and pleases the court, perhaps change the title to "station(s)" so that we can grow the thread for all new placements of charging areas)