Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need real-life pics of colors on design website!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've sent in my configuration and I'm excited. But largely thanks to this website's thread on color choices and posts of real life pics from tour events. Tesla's got nothing! The design page color pictures are not even close to enough to make a decision. And locking in decisions is important now!

Tesla, please offer an official tool of seeing actual photos of different colored cars in different light conditions as part of the design studio!

I think this is a good idea, and I hope that Tesla will improve this area of their site. If they were to offer such a thing, I hope they would also do the same for the interior, which also isn't well represented with the current renderings on the web site.

Even if they had great pictures, you'd still have the uncertainties around the rendering of colors on everybody's monitors, but I think we'd be closer at least.

Agreed! Unfortunately most car companies use computer generated images to show the colors of their vehicles. This is just another area where Tesla could distinguish themselves from the rest. I'm hoping that, as they have enough vehicles available to take pictures of, there will be real photos on the website.

An excellent album was posted of the LA EVent, which shows a series of pictures of nearly all the colors as they drove by the same point, providing consistent light over a broad range of angles. This is the best single reference I've seen for color comparisons.
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/23870337_QSnQPC

I totally agree-my wife and I relied on these pics to make the final call. Would be great to make even more accessible for all, ideally by Tesla itself.

When we got our Roadster we were ultimately shown a bunch of real life pics by sales team which was invaluable despite uncertainties of color balance. Must be way to make this part of design studio right up front rather than us do it for them!

For what it's worth, when I visited the Menlo Park showroom over the weekend, they had an iPad on hand with a bunch of photos from various events. I believe they had many from that SmugMug gallery. That gallery isn't really "marketing" friendly (no gorgeous scenery, etc), but it sure is nice just to see the colors. I do think they may be slightly over exposed though (the white, for example, is pretty blown out).