Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Subsite Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
Well, we have one for the S, why not for the X? I've been monitoring the subsite for any changes, and one popped up today:

2142787935.png

It used to say:

PRODUCTION BEGINS LATE 2013 SIGNIFICANT DELIVERIES BEGIN EARLY 2014

Hoping this is an under-promise thing, but it's likely more accurate -- i.e. they start building late November/early December, and first deliveries happen early January.

Well, we have one for the S, why not for the X? I've been monitoring the subsite for any changes, and one popped up today:

View attachment 8475

It used to say:

Hoping this is an under-promise thing, but it's likely more accurate -- i.e. they start building late November/early December, and first deliveries happen early January.

Not surprised -- especially with all the negativity on the Model S forum. Best to change the date now before they have significant reservations. But I'm still going to hope for end of December & grab the tax break. And will be happy to get it whenever they deliver.

As has been mentioned before on this forum, better to under promise and over deliver. If they actually get production going in late 2013, I'm sure that not too many people would complain but the opposite would definitely raise ire (as on the Model S board).

Well, looks like the pushback is now "official":

Deliveries will begin in 2014 and priced comparable to a similarly equipped Model S. More details will be announced as production nears.

The image had changed, but the text still said they expected to begin in 2013.

Even though the original statement was 'significant deliveries will begin in 2014', there was still the possibility of some sigs delivered by end of 2013. Even though I'm one of the first ones in line for a sig, my expectations are "sometime in 2014".

Anything earlier & I'll be pleasantly surprised.

don't know if this is new or not.... just looked at the Swiss site today and went to the ordering page and happily noted that they are no longer pushing roadsters...... so I skipped along to the X section and they have removed the side mirrors and re instated the cameras! that is at least new to me.....!

this actually seems to be true for all sites outside North America. where Canadian site still shows mirrors and the US one I cannot get into the BUY sub-site at all........?!

Last edited:
Way cool. Is the picture there showing what I think you're saying? That Tesla has replaced the side mirrors with backward facing cameras?
I've had this idea since I was 13! Dang I should have patented it in my head...

yah, at the reveal they had rear-view cameras instead of mirrors and then they disappeared in favor of mirrors due to regulatory problems. so even as late as the Geneva auto show the side mirrors were on there. but now they gone back to the original idea of rear-view cameras on the images where you order the X on all sites except US and Canada...... so maybe we'll see that outside of northamerica when we finally get the vehicle. :)