Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will The Real Sequoia Green Please Stand Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Much like the Pacific Blue color, the Sequoia Green also takes to light like a chameleon. Here are some side profiles shots of the Sequoia Green. I grabbed these off of various posts and naturally want to give credit and acknowledge their work. Please feel free to post other shots of the green car in different lighting. The post's intent is to help those unable to see the car in person decide.

i-FrdWDWL.jpg
_MG_2235.jpg
tesla6.jpg
IMG0754.jpg
IMG0749.jpg
i-zx3qX6P.jpg
i-GX5bqg9.jpg
07 21 12_6543.jpg
tesla8.jpg
IMG0756.jpg
IMG0750.jpg
IMG_0330.JPG
i-Nbh9sTx.jpg
i-bWL74N7.jpg
Tesla model S - Green.JPG
IMG0752.jpg
IMG_0331.JPG
i-pM5W9n3.jpg

P.S. My Bad guy/gals; I deleted the attachments inadvertently.

Last edited:
Thanks for these threads. I didn't care for the dark green--still don't--but your other post is changing my mind about the blue, which I was on the fence about. ;-) I really need a parking lot full of all Tesla colours (to look at).... ;-)

Y'all are trusting your cameras and browsers waaay too much. Without gray cards in each photo and a color managed path to your screen, everything here is suspect.

In addition, 'depth' in car paint is often a desirable quality - it keeps things fun and interesting, and makes that golden hour sunset drive that much more special. I doubt that the green is as blue-ish as it appears (to me, on my laptop) in the above photos.

'Color is hard' (insert Barbie meme here)

Y'all are trusting your cameras and browsers waaay too much. Without gray cards in each photo and a color managed path to your screen, everything here is suspect.

To clarify my comment above: I saw the green in person and the pix were (they're gone now!) pretty close to what I remember seeing. But I hear ya re. color being hard. :p

Here's a really short video I shot today. The green car departed from the shade into the sunlight just as the Dolphin Grey came back. Handheld camera, slightly shaky. I had 1 minute of battery left when I shot it! :)

I suggest watching that on YouTube itself, where you can up the resolution to the best your computer can support and play it full screen.

Also, there are some shots of the green in the video I posted here: Multi Color Walk-Around Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Great videos, @MikeK! Thanks. I'm happy to say that, after watching these, I have absolutely no buyer's-regret about choosing the green.

Ditto Robert; your concern about the blue mimicking the black color as far as maintenance goes (keeping it shinny and spot free) mirrored mine exactly. As much as I loved the blue, the green looks amazing as well and looks like the finish should be easier to keep pristine.

Here's another video I shot at the Palo Alto event. The Green Model S starts out in the shade, and then pulls out into the sun, as seen from the other side. This one is a bit shaky as well, but I've tried YouTube's stabilizing function. We'll see if it improves things or not.

Last edited by a moderator: