Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Palo Alto, 8/11-8/12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed there was no thread for this event.
Even though I've driven at the Fremont event, I'd like to go again to see the colors and static display car (if any). Hopefully they won't turn me away if I just show up and beg :love:

I missed the Fremont and both Palo Alto events, and have signed up for the August Palo Alto 'Get Amped Tour.' I have seen many of the Model S cars on the road here in Fremont, and can't wait for my Test drive.

I would love to go to this one as well, just as with Kipernicus, to see the colors in person again. I don't even need to go for a ride, although I certainly wouldn't object. If anybody has a guest spot available and would be willing to let me tag along, I would appreciate it. I'm also happy to ride in back and record a video of your drive if you'd like. I have an HD camera. Please PM me if you would be willing! Either day, any time.

[Edit: Thanks to a generous TMC member, I am all set to ride along!]

Last edited:
Just discovered that the Aug 11th Palo Alto event is covered in an email sent out 2 weeks ago...for "cities near you". Was expecting more noise here when the invitation went out. Unlike all other upcoming events, it's already full...

... run video or the g-force/acceleration app on my iPhone.

It would be great if you could use the g-tac app in the Performance version so we can compare against my results in the Standard version. Please make sure that the calibration is accurate, i.e. when the app makes a sound to indicate reaching 60 mph, the speedometer must also read 60 mph. If, they don't agree, then it would be helpful to know at what speed it beeped.

Mike, are you going as someone's guest, or you're just planning to show up? And what day/approx. time are you thinking this weekend?

I'm planning on showing up with my badge from last time. I just want to hang out a little and see the color choices again.

Going as a guest. My host's drive is at noon on Saturday, but I'm planning to arrive as early as I can manage and just watch the cars come and go. If there's a static display car again, I have a few things I want to try out on that car too. I'm bringing a water bottle (for ddruz) and a USB stick of music. Rumor has it that they will have a large number of cars at this event, so I'm hoping for a good sampling of colors. I guess we'll see an announcement soon on Facebook. (Come on, blue, gray and white! :))

I'm planning on showing up with my badge from last time. I just want to hang out a little and see the color choices again.

Erik, I checked with Tesla. They have no problem with reservation holders showing up to check out the cars - the ones driving and the one on static display; they just don't have room for rides (let alone drives) as they are booked to capacity on that front.

I'll show up with my family to look at the Green one again!