Page 721 of 721 FirstFirst ... 221621671711717718719720721
Results 7,201 to 7,207 of 7207

Thread: Model S Delivery Update

2013 P85+, X seq 2,318 andrewket's Avatar
    Items for Sale

Model S Delivery Update

Quote Originally Posted by DJung View Post
    My DS said that my car would be ready late this week in an email he sent a few days ago. But my dashboard says I'm still in the production queue (not in production yet) and I haven't received my final paperwork. Is MyTesla usually delayed or is it possible it may not be this week?
    Believe your DS over the website. The website is known to be severely delayed.
    P85D, red/tan, Obeche Gloss, Black headliner, all options -3rd row. December delivery.
    Model X sequence P2,318 (gave up S476)
    Sold-P85+, red/black, CF trim+spoiler, all options in 2013, 19" TST grey wheels, Reus audio

Quote Originally Posted by andrewket View Post
    Believe your DS over the website. The website is known to be severely delayed.
    A different DS emailed me this morning and told me the end of Nov. I emailed my DS that told me that delivery would be late this week and he says Late November. I'm left with my jaw gaping open. Tesla really needs to step up their communication. I guess it was false hope...
    Tesla Model S 85 kWh VIN 56440

S85 | Black | Black Nappa Leather Seats | Piano Black Decor | Panoramic Sunroof | 19 inch wheels | Tech Package with Autopilot

A different DS emailed me this morning and told me the end of Nov. I emailed my DS that told me that delivery would be late this week and he says Late November. I'm left with my jaw gaping open. Tesla really needs to step up their communication. I guess it was false hope...
    Me too. Dashboard says late November, DS is saying mid December, Tesla HQ is saying late November, At this point, I just want an answer!

Is this the part of the "Tesla does it better than auto dealers" ?

I think they should give a month of delivery for special orders and let you know when ordering that the month may change during the process. Giving a specific date before it is built is not going to work longer-term. I would want to know when it enters production and when it leaves on a transport from the factory. That reminds me of the days when my parents ordered a car. They would just place the order and the dealer would say "we will call you when it is in transit to the dealership". Couple months later, it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by bonaire View Post
    Is this the part of the "Tesla does it better than auto dealers" ?

I think they should give a month of delivery for special orders and let you know when ordering that the month may change during the process. Giving a specific date before it is built is not going to work longer-term. I would want to know when it enters production and when it leaves on a transport from the factory. That reminds me of the days when my parents ordered a car. They would just place the order and the dealer would say "we will call you when it is in transit to the dealership". Couple months later, it was there.
    I was under the impression that this is exactly the system they'd switched back to sometime in September.
    85 kWh | Green | Grey Leather Seats | Piano Black | Pano Roof | Tech Pac | Smart Air | Dual + HPWC | Fog Lamps | Parking Sensors | Parcel Shelf | VIN: 56107 | Confirmed: 08/10/14 | VIN-A: 08/29/14 | Prod: 09/16-9/19/14 | Delivered: 09/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by rjatc View Post
    Me too. Dashboard says late November, DS is saying mid December, Tesla HQ is saying late November, At this point, I just want an answer!
    That's unacceptable.. I'd try to escalate your situation as much as possible. I'm experiencing the same too and it's extremely frustrating. Seriously leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.
    S85 | Steel Grey | New Tech | Pano | Air | 21" Silver Turbine | Confirmed 8/18 | 60414

Quote Originally Posted by chang View Post
    That's unacceptable.. I'd try to escalate your situation as much as possible. I'm experiencing the same too and it's extremely frustrating. Seriously leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.
    I know. Who do I contact?
    I mean, a few days margin of error is bad but sort of understandable. When they say it will be here next week and then push it back 3-4 weeks, that's not acceptable. I even rushed to get my house wired and even pushed off getting my current car repaired because I thought delivery was imminent.

I emailed my DS asking for an explanation for the 4 week pushback/error and I haven't received a response yet. It's been over 24 hours.
    Last edited by DJung; 2014-10-29 at 06:21 PM.
    Tesla Model S 85 kWh VIN 56440

S85 | Black | Black Nappa Leather Seats | Piano Black Decor | Panoramic Sunroof | 19 inch wheels | Tech Package with Autopilot

Thread Information