Page 315 of 680 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 6791

Thread: Model S Delivery Update

My elderly father came over for Dinner Sunday. Mom drove ... anyway, he looked at Trudi .. er, I mean BadA** and said

"that car is not blue, it's black - they sent you the wrong color"

Cloudy, in garage, nighttime - black
    Sunny, bright - blue.

I like the grey too, but that blue has won me over.

Quote Originally Posted by kendallpb View Post
    And to echo other comments, the grey looks awesome. I should've considered it more seriously; the samples in the showrooms really do many of these colors a disservice. (I'd seen blue and brown in person which is why they were my top two choices at the end.)
    It's hard to get a good feel from the small samples plus indoor lighting isn't how you'll normally be looking at it. The Portland store let me take the samples outside and look, which really helped me decide. I was looking at the Pearl White, Grey, and Blue. Once outside the grey appealed the most.

To be honest though, they're all good colors and I could have picked a color at random and not been unhappy. It was just a matter of selecting my personal favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by timdorr View Post
    P1698/VIN 1657 is inbound to Atlanta and will get here on Saturday the 15th
    I had a Saturday Delivery. Mine was at 7:30 am - this will be a most exciting and wonderful day for you ... consider getting the driver breakfast if it is a morning delivery. These guys love to see our faces. I know you probably have a DS too, but the driver often gets left out of the deal. I only had a driver, so we all had a half hour breakfast and relax-a-thon. I think he appreciated it.

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    I had a Saturday Delivery. Mine was at 7:30 am - this will be a most exciting and wonderful day for you ... consider getting the driver breakfast if it is a morning delivery. These guys love to see our faces. I know you probably have a DS too, but the driver often gets left out of the deal. I only had a driver, so we all had a half hour breakfast and relax-a-thon. I think he appreciated it.
    Actually, Tesla is apparently now taking a similar approach to TX deliveries: No DES in-person! I was really hoping to meet Cale, since he's been SUPER helpful. Seriously, I feel like I'm a Sig holder or something.

Oh, just got this from him via email:

Massachusetts, Georgia, Texas, and Arizona are the 4 states we have the most challenges with. Texas has drawn a clear line that we are not able to meet a customer in person. Georgia has been a case where we have tiptoed knowing they have similar laws but have yet to actually be slapped on the wrist yet.
    So, there you go. GA's being dumb as usually. But that's helpful info for anyone in AZ or MA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    Bed the front brakes on a dyno?
    Sorry, wrong term. Looks like a dyno but just has rollers - no "dyno" parts (or maybe they just freewheel the resitance parts). That's from memory of my factory tour 2 months ago so can't recall if they have two stations or just use the one.

Less wear and tear on the tires than doing a series of hard stops on pavement.
    Twilight Blue Roadster 2.5 - #1098 / Grey Model S Performance - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by timdorr View Post
    P1698/VIN 1657 is inbound to Atlanta and will get here on Saturday the 15th
    Hi Tim - what is your delivery window? I was hoping that my car would be on the same truck as yours.
    (P3853, VIN 3062) 85kW Dolphin Grey, Air Suspension, 19'' Wheels, Tech Package, Child Seats, Cargo Cover, No HPWC

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adurstewitz View Post
    Hi Tim - what is your delivery window? I was hoping that my car would be on the same truck as yours.
    Original window was 12/8-12/22. So, literally right in the middle of it.

I will post any VINs I'm able to see on the same truck. But if they're loading them correctly, then the cars are loaded in reverse order of delivery and they won't have to take any others out to get mine off the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    Sorry, wrong term. Looks like a dyno but just has rollers - no "dyno" parts (or maybe they just freewheel the resitance parts). That's from memory of my factory tour 2 months ago so can't recall if they have two stations or just use the one.

Less wear and tear on the tires than doing a series of hard stops on pavement.
    I drove by the Factory a few days back and noticed an outdoor track complete with banking at the rear fo the factory close to warren. Been back since and each time I go thry have a handful of model s doing laps around it. i wonder if this is where they test each car before delivery in addition to the indoor track or if this is for owners to take a spin.

not sure.

Model S - R140
    Quote Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
    As promised, my DS was waiting for me at the airport when my flight landed at FLL (at 9:15pm!). He picked me up in TMC's F-150 and drove me to the Dania Beach service center, where we filled out the DMV paperwork and I was on my way! I can't say enough about the Dania Beach team. They are extraordinary. As is the car, of course, but everyone here already knows that. Not much more to add, other than that I have F/W 4.0. Can't fit the car in the garage without parking completely diagonally. I will have to have a concrete guy with a jackhammer out over the next couple of days in order to cure that.

It was nice hanging out with all of you in the delivery threads!

Funny thing -- as I was driving home, I remembered a very old joke. It suddenly has new meaning, and I can't believe I didn't think about it before I picked up the car, and I don't think anyone mentioned it here:
    Here are pictures of the jackhammering:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=ea4c1b88dc
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

P2159 VIN 1682 is on the truck and heading to Seattle. I will probably pick her up on Wednesday (if possible) or Thursday.

After nearly 3 years, my wait can now be measured in hours.

Very excited!

Thread Information