Page 11 of 680 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Delivery Update

Quote Originally Posted by Charged_Up View Post
    What bugs me (and it's not just a tesla thing but when anyone treats customers similarly), is that Tesla seems to constantly flirt with the risk of annoying their Sig evangelists
    There are also people like myself who read these forums frequently and can see past the excuse-making for Tesla to understand what's going on. Tesla is not meeting delivery dates and customers are upset. You have every right to be upset, and no it's not your fault for 'setting your expectations too high'. Your expectations were set by Tesla, regardless of how anyone tries to spin it.

If Tesla can't accomplish simple things like getting their customer reps on the same page with delivery time-frames, or in communicating delays to their customers, I don't see how they're going to build quality vehicles in volume...at least not by the end of the year.

Tesla seems very disorganized, and in the last few months there seems to be a pattern of letdowns (beginning with that ridiculous June event). For a 'non-evangelist' it's a big turn-off. I'm sure I'm not the only one observing this...it's very plain to see.
    Last edited by jimbakker666; 2012-08-14 at 08:29 PM.

I can wait a month or even two more months if it means that Tesla is working hard to get my car to a perfect finish.
    I appreciate the fact that they are not hesitating to delay output for the provision of quality for their customers.
    They will be rolling the cars off the line soon enough. Let them do it right!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbakker666 View Post
    Aside from the 'Sig evangelists', there are most likely people like myself who read these forums frequently and can see past the excuse-making for Tesla to understand what it's going on.
    Which "excuse-making"? My point is that you can still be happy about getting a great car. You don't need to exercise your "right to upset". And post it 10 times in a row. Wrong time, wrong place, IMHO.
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbakker666 View Post
    There are also people like myself who read these forums frequently and can see past the excuse-making for Tesla to understand what's going on. Tesla is not meeting delivery dates and customers are upset. You have every right to be upset, and no it's not your fault for 'setting your expectations too high'. Your expectations were set by Tesla, regardless of how anyone tries to spin it.

If Tesla can't accomplish simple things like getting their customer reps on the same page with delivery time-frames, or in communicating delays to their customers, I don't see how they're going to build quality vehicles in volume...at least not by the end of the year.

Tesla seems very disorganized, and in the last few months there seems to be a pattern of letdowns (beginning with that ridiculous June event). For a 'non-evangelist' it's a big turn-off. I'm sure I'm not the only one observing this...it's very plain to see.
    This is silly. Tesla has not missed my delivery date. I am SSL 141, and I haven't been promised a delivery date, so there is no delivery date to miss. When I signed on the dotted line, they told me september ballpark. If september comes and I haven't heard anything I will be disappointed. I expect some communication by then. If september passes and I still don't have my car, I still won't have missed a delivery date, but I will expect some explanation and a new estimate.

I don't see a pattern of letdowns at all. I didn't see anything ridiculous about the June event - they delivered cars to happy customers. I was very happy with the test drive event, it answered a great many questions and I got to see multiple colors and interiors. I understand that they are likely working through supplier issues and production issues.

I work for a company that delivers products only when they are ready and meet our standards for quality, it is what our customers expect. It's done when it's done. I am anxious for my car, but so far I have little to complain about.

BLUTSLA #516-REDTSLA #272 DrComputer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I personally am not disappointed or angry at Tesla missing any dates yet, as they have not. It all comes down to communication. My expectation is that as a Silicon Valley car company they should be adept at using e-mail or their own website to keep customers current on the status of the production of their car. This is where they have dropped the ball. It seems that the only communication they have provided to anyone is when we, the customer, reach out to them. If they are trying to set the bar high and emulate great "customer service" car companies like Lexus they need to improve their game.
    2010 Tesla Roadster #516
    2012 Model S Signature Performance #272
    6kW Solar System by REC Solar with TigoEnergy optimization and monitoring

Model S 85KW, VIN #2236
    Yep. Signature owners and early production owners need to remember that the company is in the early stages of trying to ramp up production. They don't know how fast that will go. All their internal processes are changing as they scale up. No one knows for sure if they can hit their targets until they do it and prove that the quality holds up. And at this stage, if they delay the ramp by a week, it'll affect the delivery of low # vehicles. Whereas when you get to >5000, that delay will be noise.

So if I were Sig or low-numbered P, I'd expect a wide delivery window. It wouldn't surprise me if the delivery window slipped. I wouldn't expect much communication because there isn't a whole lot they can say with high certainty right now. Other than "we don't really know and here's our best guess". Which is what a wide delivery window pretty much says.

I've got a ~9000 number. I expect by the time they get around to me, they'll know precisely what their build rate is and will be able to give me a pretty accurate window. But I won't get my car until spring at the earliest.

If you're unhappy with the lack of precision in your delivery window and lack of communication, you could always defer. By the time your number rolls around again, I'm sure Tesla will have their processes locked and loaded.
    Last edited by rcc; 2012-08-15 at 08:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcc View Post
    Yep. Signature owners and early production owners need to remember that the company is in the early stages of trying to ramp up production. They don't know how fast that will go. All their internal processes are changing as they scale up. No one does for sure if they can hit their targets until they do it and prove that the quality holds up. And at this stage, if they delay the ramp by a week, it'll affect the delivery of low # vehicles. Whereas when you get to >5000, that delay will be noise.

So if I were Sig or low-numbered P, I'd expect a wide delivery window. It wouldn't surprise me if the delivery window slipped. I wouldn't expect much communication because there isn't a whole lot they can say with high certainty right now. Other than "we don't really know and here's our best guess". Which is what a wide delivery window pretty much says.

I've got a ~9000 number. I expect by the time they get around to me, they'll know precisely what their build rate is and will be able to give me a pretty accurate window. But I won't get my car until spring at the earliest.

If you're unhappy with the lack of precision in your delivery window and lack of communication, you could always defer. By the time your number rolls around again, I'm sure Tesla will have their processes locked and loaded.
    Well said!

SSL #180
    Quote Originally Posted by DrComputer View Post
    I personally am not disappointed or angry at Tesla missing any dates yet, as they have not. It all comes down to communication. My expectation is that as a Silicon Valley car company they should be adept at using e-mail or their own website to keep customers current on the status of the production of their car. This is where they have dropped the ball. It seems that the only communication they have provided to anyone is when we, the customer, reach out to them. If they are trying to set the bar high and emulate great "customer service" car companies like Lexus they need to improve their game.
    Couldn't have said it better!

P85 S791, PWt/Wt/CF trim joefee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zythryn View Post
    Couldn't have said it better!
    +1 and as a shareholder +1 1 1

Personally, I think that the Get Amped tour means that a large number of the people that would normally be in doing this customer communication are working on promoting the tour or on tour. They are just spread too thin, and some of the individual communication has gone by the way-side. I think this is temporary.

Thread Information