Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joefee

May 29, 2011
WA
The purpose of this thread is to:

Post a quick update of the most recent delivery data including the highest reported VIN (include your country if outside the USA) shown in Wiki post #2 below:

Update, 17 June 2018: @Troy says: The old Model S spreadsheet was not maintained for a long time. Therefore I expanded the Model X spreadsheet to include the Model S too. Here are the links:

Spreadsheet: Model S/X Order Tracker
Google form: MS form to enter/edit data
How to filter and sort: Youtube video
This project is managed by @Troy aka /u/Teslike

The old Model S sheet is here. It shows data until June 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: impastu and grayguy
Highest Model S Assigned or Delivered VIN = 133,159 (03/08/2016) (M/D/Y)

Source: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...date/page830?p=1212795&viewfull=1#post1212795

If you would like to participate in TMC's MODEL S ORDER TRACKING, please go to this link and enter your order info: -> http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZiDkogRyBqHMEnlWJT4HA8BKxYjR5J-z5TPikra8gQ/edit#gid=456592867

Enter your order info on the correct sheet - the sheets are quarter based.

(Note: to edit the "Source" link above, use the button in the dialog box for linking to a URL - you cannot just change the numbers to match the post - I tried - it doesn't work!)

(PS, it is easy to find the information to link to a specific post in the TMC forum - just click on the post number on the right side of the post and look in the address bar at the top.)

Last edited by a moderator:
2012-07-27 11.21.31.jpg

Was picking up my Roadster from the LA service center today and Founder #17 was there being preped for delivery. Here's a shot of the window sticker.

Kudos for posting a full res image, easy to read EVERYTHING :)

Edit: What's up with the 'This vehicle has not been rated by the gov't for frontal crash, side crash or rollover risk."? I doubt the thing could ever rollover, but I'm curious about the front and side crash testing. I thought this was done already?

Reactions: impastu
Kudos for posting a full res image, easy to read EVERYTHING :)

Edit: What's up with the 'This vehicle has not been rated by the gov't for frontal crash, side crash or rollover risk."? I doubt the thing could ever rollover, but I'm curious about the front and side crash testing. I thought this was done already?

I was told in a store opening that Tesla has done their own ratings, according to NHTSA's specifications, but until NHTSA buys their own vehicles and does their own testing, there's no official rating from NHTSA.

I couldn't get the QR code to lead to any specific car. The QR code is scannable, but the fuel economy website states that they could not find a vehicle for that code, so I wonder if it's in development or just a general direction to the fuel economy website.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I still think there's something badly awry with the EPA ratings. 88 city, 90 highway? I don't think so. City mileage is going to be quite a bit higher for any BEV with regen. I think they blew/fudged it.

The Model S has three problems that contribute to this result:

1. It is very heavy at 2108 kg.
2. Regen is limited to 60 kW.
3. Regen is fixed at 0.15 g max and cannot be increased by applying the brake, even when not power limited.

So these three together affect the city rating negatively on the test cycle. If, however, you drive defensively and anticipate stops so that you never use friction brakes above 10 km/h, you will do MUCH better than the city rating.

On the other side of the coin, the low drag coefficient helps the highway cycle which does not include as many stops.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Brian H viewpost-right.png
I still think there's something badly awry with the EPA ratings. 88 city, 90 highway? I don't think so. City mileage is going to be quite a bit higher for any BEV with regen. I think they blew/fudged it.

The Model S has three problems that contribute to this result:

1. It is very heavy at 2108 kg.
2. Regen is limited to 60 kW.
3. Regen is fixed at 0.15 g max and cannot be increased by applying the brake, even when not power limited.

Stop and go energy use is mostly about how fast you accelerate. Regeneration is better than throwing all the kinetic energy away as heat the way friction brake-only cars do, but regeneration only captures a portion of the kinetic energy. Increasing the regeneration rate is unlikely to increase range because the battery can only take so much charge without degradation.

Ideally you don't want to use either regeneration or friction braking when you slow or stop because then all the kinetic energy (other than bearing, tire, and aerodynamic friction which happen anyway) is used for forward motion. The modern way of driving: roar up to the speed limit, then jam on the brakes at the last minute is extremely inefficient and doesn't get you where you're going any faster.

The topic starter requested:

Please keep commentary to a minimum. Another option would be for TMC to post a banner on the Model S page with last delivery (why not throw in the finalize data too!)

This thread is already getting many posts not related to the deliveries that it will probably be snowed under.

Could we please keep this topic to delivery updates only?