Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla store opening in King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at the opening event last night at the new Tesla store in King of Prussia. They did an awesome job. The store is long and held 2 full model S' plus a Model S frame showing the engine, battery and air suspension. It is located in the Mall, first floor, next to the Apple store (great location!) just down from Neiman Marcus. This will help expand the Philly footprint significantly.

photo.JPG

I was also there. They did a great job and the hors d'œuvre were great. Good luck at a great location. They also added 5 more charging stations to the 2 at the mall near Nordstrom's. The 2 at Nordstrom's are J1772, and the Tesla ones are 2 HPWC, 2 14-50s, and one Roadster unit.

Thanks again

Was at the opening event last night at the new Tesla store in King of Prussia. They did an awesome job. The store is long and held 2 full model S' plus a Model S frame showing the engine, battery and air suspension. It is located in the Mall, first floor, next to the Apple store (great location!) just down from Neiman Marcus. This will help expand the Philly footprint significantly.

View attachment 22081

ha. That's me in the striped shirt. Agree it was a well attended event. And I love the location next to that expansive new Apple store. No doubt it'll be a high traffic area.

Looks nice. Any discussion of future compatibility with the fast DC-charge stations being installed by the PA Turnpike authority this Summer? For PA buyers, they are going to need some "talking points" on that topic real soon...either active Superchargers on I-76 and I-476, or a CHAdeMO adapter.

Looks nice. Any discussion of future compatibility with the fast DC-charge stations being installed by the PA Turnpike authority this Summer? For PA buyers, they are going to need some "talking points" on that topic real soon...either active Superchargers on I-76 and I-476, or a CHAdeMO adapter.

Looks like a super charger will be added on the PA turnpike according to today's announcement. My estimate has it at the service location called South Midway Service, which is about 100 miles west of the Harrisburg East exit near I-90 interchange. Not exactly where I wanted it as I travel to State College regularly from SE PA, but still good to see the progress.

You think that is Midway and not Breezewood or Sideling Hill? I haven't zoomed in close enough on that lo-res map to confirm, I'll have to investigate. Very surprised to see one in Buffalo instead of Erie, which would have covered I-79 traffic also. The one that looked like Grove City at first (I-79 and I-80) now looks to be in Ohio, where I-80 and I-76 cross. These new locations are excellent, as is their earlier-than-expected arrival. But I bet we will see even more by 2015.

Looking at the 2015 overlay image, the PA Turnpike dot includes Bedford, Midway and Breezewood, but not Sideling Hill (which makes sense because you couldn't use it coming west from DC on I-70). Midways is the most accessible given that it is a Service Plaza, but they would need them on both sides of the highway, whereas at Bedford or Breezewood exits you could service traffic in either direction. It will be interesting to see where it lands!

Still going to be difficult to wait for these when all of the PA Turnpike service plazas have fast DC chargers that we cannot use for lack of a compatible port or adapter.