Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stores in the North East

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Tesla ought to be successful in Maine, but it won't get the traction without retail up here. Unlike most of New England, people drive 50-100 miles (one way) routinely to shop, visit, dine, etc. Less wealth here, compared to the rest of New England, but certainly a not inconsiderable number of well-off people who would benefit from a long-distance EV.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    Tesla ought to be successful in Maine, but it won't get the traction without retail up here. Unlike most of New England, people drive 50-100 miles (one way) routinely to shop, visit, dine, etc. Less wealth here, compared to the rest of New England, but certainly a not inconsiderable number of well-off people who would benefit from a long-distance EV.
    Less wealth except ... in the summer. You lucky dog being able to spend the summer up there. Where abouts in Maine are you? I like the idea of Tesla placing one of its high speed chargers to help New Englanders access popular areas like Acadia from large cities like Boston.

More on topic: I am not so sure how well a store in Maine would do as compared to other areas of New England. I certainly do not expect to see one in VT any time soon. GeorgeB seemed to indicate in the conference call that he was more trying to locate stores where he saw clusters of folks who have already reserved more than trying to push into new frontiers.

Quote Originally Posted by youlikeadajuice View Post
    Here's an article...Northern New Jersey at the Garden State Plaza in Paramus. A rep at the NYC Tesla store said he thought it would be opening late summer, early fall!

http://www.northjersey.com/news/1605...tml?c=y&page=1
    I have very good reason to believe the store may be located almost next door to the Apple store. The second store over is boarded up for construction and would be about 3,200 square feet in size. I was over at the mall last Friday and looked around this store would also have access to outside areas.

Quote Originally Posted by mikevbf View Post
    Less wealth except ... in the summer. You lucky dog being able to spend the summer up there. Where abouts in Maine are you? I like the idea of Tesla placing one of its high speed chargers to help New Englanders access popular areas like Acadia from large cities like Boston.

More on topic: I am not so sure how well a store in Maine would do as compared to other areas of New England. I certainly do not expect to see one in VT any time soon. GeorgeB seemed to indicate in the conference call that he was more trying to locate stores where he saw clusters of folks who have already reserved more than trying to push into new frontiers.
    I'm in South Bristol, just east of Boothbay Harbor. I'm the one and only pin in Maine on the reservation map (and, yes, the pin is accurately placed). So, I'm forced to conclude that Maine isn't a high-priority place for Tesla to set up a store!

Quote Originally Posted by hj-45 View Post
    However, at the NY test drive, my wife did coax a little teaser that there may be something north of Massachusetts...somewhere. Stores and galleries are nice, but as a future owner the service centers are more important.
    Any other guesses as to where they would locate a store north of massachusetts (presuming this rumor pans out)?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    I'm in South Bristol, just east of Boothbay Harbor. I'm the one and only pin in Maine on the reservation map (and, yes, the pin is accurately placed).
    Looks like your very own slice of heaven there. Is the connection to the mainland tidally dependent?

Any other guesses as to where they would locate a store north of massachusetts (presuming this rumor pans out)?
    Salem NH (Rockingham Mall)? For those of us on the North Shore, Salem is way closer and easier to get to than Natick. Tax free shopping AND a Tesla Store--what a combination!
    --Woof!
    On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    Salem NH (Rockingham Mall)? For those of us on the North Shore, Salem is way closer and easier to get to than Natick. Tax free shopping AND a Tesla Store--what a combination!
    That's the only place that makes sense to me even though it's fairly close to Natick. Rockingham mall is a major shopping destination for people up to 100 miles away. I'd rather see Concord, NH or the Upper CT River Valley like Lebanon/Hanover NH. A good demographic there - Dartmouth College, largest medical center north of Boston, high tech industry and low unemployment. But no reservations to speak of. So it won't happen. Burlington, VT might be a good place but few reservations there either. Not holding my breath for anything in Vermont for a long time.

But I won't complain... What makes it nice here is also the reason we won't see Tesla for a while!

Looks like your very own slice of heaven there. Is the connection to the mainland tidally dependent?
    It's a great location. The causeway connector isn't tidal, though it did get washed out once in extreme weather -- rebuilt more robustly, so we hope that bit of theater won't get an encore.

Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    Too bad we wouldn't be able to buy a Tesla tax-free in Salem!

FWIW, there are Apple stores in the following locations north of MA:

I'm surprised that Apple hasn't opened in Hanover, but apparently the Dartmouth tech center sells and services Apple products. Apple opened a store to serve Yale (a bigger market) late last year.

Thread Information